This Festival is born, as a stream of Aguaespejo Granada, following the teachings on poetic mechanisms of participatory experience and expanded cinema of the filmmaker and Granada-born inventor Val del Omar.
The idea is to promote poetic and experimental cinema and extend its presence to the geography of not just our city but the world while establishing a dedicated space for these distinctive films.
The 6th edition of the Cinespejo Festival, to be held in Las Gabias in April 2024, aims to be a benchmark for the public who loves cinema and poetry.
It will consist on the one hand of a contest of poetic short films and on the other hand of an express short contest.
SHORT FILMS COMPETITION
Cinespejo de Oro for Best Short Film: 1000 EUR
Cinespejo de Plata for Second Best Short Film: 800 EUR
Cinespejo de Plata for Third Best Short Film: 500 EUR
Audience award for the short film selected by the audience attending the festival: 250 EUR
The Jury is entitled to grant a Special Mention to other short film in the festival.
SHORT FILMS COMPETITION
- The Festival will be held from April 21 to 24, 2024.
- The selected works will be exhibited jointly and publicly in a open event.
- The festival has an international character so you can participate national and foreign filmmakers. There is no age limit.
- Films of any kind will be accepted (fiction, animation, documentary, experimental…)
- The short films must have a duration of less than 30 min. (included credits).
- To have been produced after January 2021.
- Must be sent in Mp4 or MOV format (codec H264) with a resolution of 1080p, through the Filmfreeway platform (no other form of reception).
- The works will be presented in the original version with subtitles in Spanish, inserted in the short film, if it is shot in another language.
- Those registered in the contest will transfer the rights of projection of the works to the Festival during the dates of realization of the same.
- The participants authorize the organization of the Festival to use fragments of selected works for dissemination in any medium of communication in order to promote the Festival. Likewise, the Festival may use photographs of short films and directors, in press and other means of communication, as well as for the preparation of the catalog of Festival. The sending of EPK (Electronic Press Kit) implies acceptance of all of these conditions.
- The announcement of the selected short films will be made individually by email to the selected filmmakers and also through list published on the web in Feb 2024
- The applicant declares that he has obtained all the rights and permits needed to present the film at the Cinespejo festival. The filmmaker must have or have protected the copyright of all aspects of the film presented. This includes all music and images used. Cinespejo does not accept any liability, financial or otherwise type, with regard to non-copyrighted materials.