"These folks have given me so many amazing experiences. Make sure to put this Fest on your radar for next summer! They. Get. You" - C. Robert Cargill (writer of Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE and SINISTER).
"Bolstered by a tight and supportive genre community, Cinepocalypse is establishing itself as a key summertime stop on the genre and fantastic film circuit here in North America." - Screen Anarchy
"Quickly marked itself as a fest worth keeping our eyes on." Film School Rejects
Beginning in 2017, Cinepocalypse has been terrorizing Chicago with an annual slate of premiere films, guests, and genre entertainment. Named one of the world's top genre festivals by MovieMaker Magazine, the festival has played host to Lana Wachowski, Michael Ironside, Glenn Danzig, Scott Derrickson, GWAR, Ernest Dickerson, Larry Cohen, Barbara Crampton, Joe Bob Briggs, Stephen Hopkins, Lucky McKee, Eric Roberts, and many more talented filmmakers from around the globe.
CINEPOCALYPSE returns for 2020 on June 4th-7th, when fans can expect an unrivaled offering of the wildest and most cutting edge in contemporary genre cinema, along with repertory screenings, special guests, and more.
Featured in Entertainment Weekly, People Magazine, and The AV Club, our 2018 festivities were sponsored by IFC Midnight and Bloody-Disgusting.com and included titles from Blumhouse, Orion Pictures, and SYFY. Our jury was headed by Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill, the creative team behind Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE. Joel Schumacher headed our 2019 jury.
Our plans for 2020 are bigger than ever, but the festival depends on you, the filmmakers. Discovering new filmmakers through submissions is the heart and soul of our programming, and we can't wait to see what you've got! (Seriously, we were all just talking about how excited we are.)
Audience Choice Award
Best Short Director
Best Special Effects
Special prizes to be announced at a later date!
Each entry must be submitted via Filmfreeway.com or disc format (dvd/blu ray). Label each film with your name, address, telephone number, and film title.
• Applicants submitting films that contain significant non-English spoken dialogue must provide on-screen English subtitles
• Accepted entries may be invited to host a 5-10 minute Q&A session immediately following the screening of their film
• Though your film may fit into more than one category, please select the ONE you feel best classifies your work
• Excluded from consideration are works such as previews and advertising films, sequences from feature-length films such as credit sequences, unaired episodes of established TV series and unsold TV series pilots
• Short and feature films do not have any premiere requirements other than regional to Chicago. U.S. and international films will forfeit their eligibility for submission to the Festival if they were previously released theatrically or on DVD, broadcast on television or the internet.
• Any films submitted for 2020 consideration must have been completed between the years of 2018-2020
• It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure authorization and permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted Film. Cinepocalypse expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted content or materials within or relating to the submitted film, including any content or materials that are or may become the basis for any third party claims for copyright infringement
• Upon completion of the Festival selection process, Cinepocalypse will attempt to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form to notify the Applicant of the film’s acceptance status. Cinepocalypse disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any failure to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the contact information provided on the submission form is correct throughout the entirety of the submission period
Cinepocalypse is under no obligation to provide to the Applicant or any other representative of the Film any comments or feedback regarding the submitted film, any information relating to the manner in which the film is, will be, or was reviewed nor any reasons why the Film, should it not be accepted for exhibition at the Festival, was
Cinepocalypse is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt or a still from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and in perpetuity for exhibition as well as both pre and post-festival promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Cinepocalypse from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.