Cinèphile is annual international film festival which aims at bringing out the unconventional side of human nature. Its endeavour is to give students a chance to film makers across the globe to portray the uncanny aspect of human beings. Cinèphile invites entries in various categories viz. Short films, Ad films, Fiction films and Documentaries in sub themes including Relationships, Social Issues, Gender, Environment, Human Rights, Racism, Fantasy and Politics. It will be providing a platform to all student film makers to reach out to the film loving audiences through their worthy creations. The expediency of Cinèphile lies in the fact that it gives its every participant a chance to spectacle their art pieces to the eminent personalities of the film industry. Moreover, it gives them a chance to get their films critically analysed by the experts and get the benefit of experts’ experience in film making and discuss their ideas, thinking, beliefs etc. with them as well.
A) Rules and Regulations for competitive sections:
• Duration of fiction film and non-fiction films shall not be more than 20 minutes and 40 minutes respectively.
• Films must be completed between 1st October 2013 and 30th September 2015 and duly authenticated by the entrant in the entry form.
• Student film entries shall only be accepted with ID proof of film makers’ with affiliated institution. A student can send a film in professional category.
• Format for selection process should be in DVD, Google Drive or with our online participation partner only.
• All non-English speaking films in the competition will be screened at the Festival in their original versions, with English subtitles. Dialogue list will not be accepted.
• Multiple entries will be accepted however separate forms shall be filled for each entry. Animation films will not be accepted.
• The competition will be held from among a minimum of ten (10) and maximum of Sixty (60) eligible entrants from each of sections.
• Eminent Juries will be appointed by the Cinèphile film festival authorities. No person with any involvement in the films will be present on the Jury. They will decide the following awards:
a) Best Short Film: A cash prize of $150/- for the student film category (fiction & non-fiction)
b) Best Documentary: A cash prize of $ 300/- for the professional film category (fiction & non-fiction.
c) Best ad film: Cash price of $ 75 for the student ad film category and $100 for the professional film category.
B) General Rules:
• Only selected films will be intimated by email. No letters of non-acceptance will be sent. All lists will be available on the website by 20th October 2015.
• A director or production company may enter more than one film, provided a separate entry form accompanies each film. The entry form must clearly mark the section entered for.
• Last Date for submitting films along with the Completed Entry form is
15th October 2015. Preview DVD will not be returned.
• Entry will be cancelled if film has violated copyright issues. Film festival will not be responsible for any such films.
• Entry Forms should be filled in clearly.
• If selected for the festival the entrant must undertake to provide publicity clippings for the use of the festival.
• Entries will be subject to preview by a committee constituted by the Director, Cinèphile film festival and Jury.
• The Director of the festival has the power to waive any of the above mentioned rules.