Cinéphile is an annual international film festival organized by the students of Vivekananda School of Journalism and Mass Communication (VSJMC) of Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS) under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Charulata Singh, Dean, VSJMC.Cinéphile invites entries in various categories viz. Short films, Ad films, Fiction films and Documentaries in sub themes including Relationships, Social Issues, Gender, Environment, Human Rights, Racism, Fantasy and Politics. It will be providing a platform to all student film makers to reach out to the film loving audiences through their worthy creations.
The inaugural edition of Cinéphilewas organized in the year 2014 and was attended by various dignitaries from the industry. The organizers received a huge response from film makers from India and abroad. The success of the event was further enhanced by interaction sessions with Tigmanshu Dhulia and the directors of the various films screened. The grandeur of this event has been increasing since then
The organizers also provide a platform to film enthusiasts to learn the technicalities of the profession by organizing workshops on film-making.
CASH PRIZES:(in INR)
• Fiction - 10,000
• Documentary- 10,000
• Animation Films - 10,000
• Fiction - 20,000
• Documentary- 20,000
• Animation films- 15, 000
A) Rules and Regulations for competitive sections:
• Duration of fiction film is up to 30 minutes, for documentaries the duration is up to 45 minutes and for animation films the duration is up to 10 minutes
• Films must be completed between 1st October 2013 and 30th September 2016 and duly authenticated by the entrant in the entry form.
• Student film entries shall only be accepted with ID proof of film makers with affiliated institution. A student can send a film in professional category.
• Films can be sent through post (DVD), google drive or through our online participation partner(FilmFreeway).
• All non-English films in the competition will be screened at the Festival in their original versions, with English subtitles. Dialogue list will not be accepted.
• Multiple entries will be accepted however separate forms shall be filled for each entry.
• Eminent Juries will be appointed by the Cinèphile film festival authorities. No person with any involvement in the films will be present on the Jury. They will decide the following awards:
a) Best fiction film: A cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- for the student film category and Rs. 20,000/- for professional category.
b) Best Documentary: A cash prize of Rs. 20,000/- for the professional film category and Rs. 10,000 for student film category.
c) Best animation film: Cash prize of Rs. 10,000 for the student film category and Rs. 15,000 for the professional film category.
The decision of the jury shall be binding and final; no appeal or correspondence regarding their decision shall be entertained.
B) General Rules:
• Only selected films will be intimated by email. letters of non-acceptance will be not be sent. All lists will be available on our facebook page by 20th October 2016.
• A director or production company may enter more than one film, provided a separate entry form accompanies each film. The entry form must clearly mark the section entered for.
• Last Date for submitting films along with the Completed Entry form is 30th september 2016. Preview DVD will not be returned.
• Entry will be cancelled if film has violated copyright issues. Film festival will not be responsible for any such films.
• Entry Forms should be filled in clearly.
• If selected for the festival the entrant must undertake to provide publicity clippings for the use of the festival.
• Entries will be subject to preview by a committee constituted by the Director, Cinèphile film festival and Jury.
• The Director of the festival has the power to waive any of the above mentioned rules.