The province of Limburg in the Netherlands is booming as film hub recently. Also the crowd gets more and more enthusiastic about the possibilities and quality of films. Cine/Fest Sittard is a initiative started in 2017. The local brand new cinema will become a festival venue for two days in which the best films, workshops and other activities for professionals, talents and public are combined with a cozy and inspiring atmosphere.
Every edition the jury as well as the audience vote for their favorite and mark a winner.
Get in touch with our enthusiastic crowd, talents and professionals from our unique region and give your film the platform which it deserves!
Cine/Fest Sittard will be held every June in Filmhuis De Domijnen in Sittard.
Awards & Prizes
- Jury Award for Best Film
- Audience Award for Best Film
End of the year:
- Cine/Fest Award for Best Film (winner of all editions)
Rules & Terms
1. Films and filmmakers can be of any age and from everywhere around the world.
2. The maximum running time for shorts is 25 minutes (including credits). The minimum running time for features is 40 minutes (including credits).
3. Films in every genre and style can be submitted (e.d. fiction, documentary, animation, experimental and more). We prefer films with a strong personal voice or style.
4. Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles or should be dubbed in English. When selected all films must have English subtitles.
5. Submissions only via selected platforms, with online screeners.
6. Viewing at festival only by digital files. We will contact you about this when your film is selected.
7. (Parts of) Your film can be used for educational or promotional purposes of the festival and its organization. If we want to use your film for educational purposes, we wil always contact you on forehand.
8. Please let us know if your film has its premiere at our festival.
9. E-mails with questions regarding waiving the submission fee will not be answered. We respect your work, please also respect ours.
The filmmaker holds Cine/Fest Sittard, its management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors and affiliates harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from entry. The entrant certifies to have full rights. Producer will indemnify the organizers of the festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.