CineEast – Short Film Festival Berlin is a platform for filmmakers from Eastern Europe and the Middle East. From the 29th – 30th July 2016, we will dive into their world presenting short films that will make us ponder, laugh and discover. Be it fiction or experimental, the festival will showcase films from regions currently garnering most attention for migration. It is our mission to give voice to the particular and provide our audience with intriguing, diverse and creative films.
The festival is founded on the belief in film as a medium able to provide empathy. Through the well known language of film we can access what other peoples lives, minds or ideas look like. Be it an enigmatic visual language or a fragment of everyday life.
- Filmmakers must be from Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
- The short films must not exceed a length of 35 minutes.
- All films must be uploaded electronically via link. If not possible, please contact the festival for further information on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filmmakers of selected films will be asked to send a link for download to the festival for the purpose of screening.
- Non-English language produced films must have English subtitles.
- Selected filmmakers agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival (including promotional/website material).