"Chitrakatha 2017"- The 6th Edition of International Student Animation Festival from National Institute of Design (NID), India to be celebrated at our institute premises from October 22 to October 28, 2017 with the theme of 'Afro-Asia' and completing a decade of survival!
“Chitrakatha” is a platform to celebrate the creative endeavours of students from across the globe where the students who are graphic storytellers can submit their work in the “Student Shorts Animation Category” and/or “Student Comics Category”.
For Chitrakatha, sustainability is the challenge, multidisciplinary approach is the key and digital affordability is the horsepower! So this is another special year as our COW is still going strong even after a decade.
We are also encouraging online submission through various e-transfer options (to the email id), to celebrate the power of internet.
We accept entries from OCT 2015 till date.
Entry submission DEADLINE is 31 August, 2017.
Now Extended to 7th September,2017!!
We are looking forward to receive your enriching and exciting student entries for Chitrakatha’17 here at NID.
It has no ‘CASH’ award but the awardees will receive a Certificate of merit and three uniquely designed trophies (1 each for Winner, 1st & 2nd Runner-up in both the
categories,1 jury special mention and 2 encouragement awards).
1) Chitrakatha accepts only online submission
2) Chitrakatha accepts films done by students from OCT 2015
3) Chitrakatha is for the students, by the students and from the students. Work done only as a student is eligible. All the work should be original and non-commercial and created by student only. Work sent should not contain any explicit or offensive material.
4)Individuals can enter maximum of 3 entries.Schools/Institutes/Colleges can enter up to 15 entries.
5)In case of any issues, Entries can be sent to sent through
wetransfer/yousendit/dropbox/google drive kind of file transfer option with a folder titled “Category_EntryTitle_Country_Chitrakatha’17” to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com
• For Animation category: HD Quality MPEG4/AVI/MOV screening format
• For Comics category: Printable PDF format.
• 3 stills of the artworks and creator’s recent photo (all 300 dpi jpegs), a short bio and subtitle file (.srt format) forfilm and English translated file for Comics, if applicable.
• Maximum duration of the entry should be minimum 30 seconds to 13 minutes for Animation. At least 75% ofthe sent content should be animated.
• Page range for Comics should be minimum 5 to maximum 15.
• This is purely pre-selection entry. The maker/producer of the shortlisted entries will be informed by e-mail andthe selected list will be put up on festival website. Short-listed Comics will be promoted through future publication with due credits to the creator with her/his consent.
• NID will include the selected entries to its archive and may use the same for any academic & promotional activities with due acknowledgement. NID will have the right to change, modify or cancel the festival schedule
without any prior notice due to any unavoidable circumstances.
• Juries’ decision will be the final and hold no room for argument.
• Chitrakatha is a small budget big hearted non-commercial student animation festival for promotion of goodstorytelling across the nation and encourage young talents.