** Help CELEBRATE 16 GREAT YEARS OF CHICAGO REEL SHORTS **
** RATED THE TOP 5 SHORTS FESTIVAL IN THE NORTH AMERICA ** (2014) audnews.com
For over a decade the ** Chicago International REEL Shorts Festival ** has provided FILMMAKERS from around the World the opportunity to showcase their work to REEL PEOPLE in the Chicagoland area.
They seek to provide a supportive atmosphere with low entry fees and low cost ticket prices.
With unique venues like the state of the art "Chicago Filmmakers Fire House Theater", Classic venues in Chicago’s Belmont Theater District or a basement screening at the World Famous "Mothers" where you can enjoy a local brew while you watch some of the Worlds best films.
We are all Shorts All the Time !!! No Features stealing your spotlight :)
We love to give out awards!! Each screening has an Audience Choice Award and the festival gives out unique festival awards like Best Youth, Best Comedy, Best Drama, BEST OF FEST.... each year it is different based on the films we program.
So go ahead and submit your film!!!
RULES & REGULATIONS
All submissions and payments are through Filmfreeway's secure online submissions system.
If your film is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the Festival will require a downloadable MP4 file.
* Please submit ONE film per entry with title, type, email and contact name or online screener link
* One digital press kit (This is often overlooked. We need posters and stills for promotion and press inquiries)
* Payment (see Payment & Return).
Packaging - Ship your film in a bubble-pack envelope. Do not use a fiberpack. The festival is not responsible for damage incurred in shipping.
Costs & Labeling - All shipping costs to and from Chicago must be borne by the sender. All tapes must indicate title, shipper*s name, and shipping address. To confirm receipt, please include a self-addressed stamped postcard with your entry.
We cannot confirm receipt of packages by telephone. DO NOT CALL please email.
International Entries - All entries from outside the US should be sent Air Mail Registered or by a parcel. We cannot accept entries shipped via air-freight.
Return of Entries - Submission preview tapes WILL NOT be returned.
* World and US Premieres are not required.
* All films and videos in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival presentation.
* Filmmakers must deliver final format (as indicated) for festival screening. No exceptions will be permitted.
* Short Films YOUTH must be works shot, directed, and produced by high school or secondary school (pre-college) students. Adult supervision is limited to advisory capacity.
All, shorts and music videos are eligible for all Awards. Awards and prizes will be given but are to be determined at a later time. Prizes awarded may be a mix of cash and prizes or just prizes. Prize worth are just estimates made by the festival directors and may not be actual values.
ALL DECISIONS BY OUR JUDGES ARE FINAL.
Any taxes as a result of prizes are the complete responsibility of the people/persons that submit the film.
To submit a film you must hold or share copyright of the film and its content.