Be the look of the 53rd Chicago International Film Festival! Cinema/Chicago is again hosting its annual design competition seeking the unique poster to be the key image for this year’s Festival, Oct 12-26, 2017. The winning designer, selected by a panel of Festival officials, will receive a $2,500 cash prize!
The official Festival poster is the signature look of the Chicago International Film Festival each year. Poster submissions should convey the experience of the Festival and be designed with the tagline “Because Life Is A Movie” Poster submissions must also conform to Cinema/Chicago’s design and submission guidelines and include the $25/entry fee. Submissions without the required elements (see below) or submission fee will not be considered. Entries must be submitted by June 9th, 2017 at 11:59pm CST. Late entries will not be accepted.
Awards & Prizes
The winning designer, selected by a panel of Festival officials, will receive a $2,500 USD cash prize!
Rules & Terms
Entries must be submitted by June 9th, 2017 at 11:59pm CST. Late entries will not be accepted.
Please read the Designer Agreement fully: http://www.chicagofilmfestival.com/festival/international-poster-competition/poster-competition-designer-agreement/
Complete rules and details are available:
- All designs must be 27” x 40”, or scale to 27” x 40”
- Must be vertically orientated
- Design must be easily translated into a variety of mediums (online banners, book -
- Design must incorporate the Festival’s official “eyes” logo (http://www.chicagofilmfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Eyes.jpg)
- Design must reflect the theme “Because Life Is A Movie” and include that text
- Design must clearly state: 53rd Chicago International Film Festival
- Design must include the festival dates: October 12-26, 2017
- Design must include website: ChicagoFilmFestival.com
- Artists must use their own original artwork; Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted (with the exception of the Chicago International Film Festival logo)
- All file submissions must be in pdf, jpeg or png format
- Entries must be submitted at 300 dpi (CMYK)
- File must be no larger than 12MB
- Entries must include a completed Submission Form
- To submit multiple designs, submit the Form and entry fee for each design
**If you are submitting more than one design, please submit a new form for each entry. Submissions without payment will not be considered.**