Hosted in London at the Nu Dawn in Well Street, the 3rd edition of the Celtic Mystery Short Movie Festival will screen short films from around the world with a theme on Fantasy, horror or paranormal tales.
Daily ticket fee for non submitters is 5 pounds and can be booked on eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/celtic-mystery-film-festival-tickets-39169199129 .
With films from your young and uprising directors and photography experts CMSM Festival welcomes a wide variety of memorable stories, accepting features from shorts to documentaries and animated works, offering an unforgettable opportunity for networking, celebrating, contemplating, and creating the future of storytelling.
The aim of the Festival is to encourage the rights of all attendees to access and experience the power of independent filmmaking, to promote Celtic culture, artistic excellence and the creative freedom of artists without censorship.
Looking for a way to pitch your idea for a television show or movie? Our Partner IPitch.tv will be offering a free membership to finalists and winners of the Festival.
iPITCH.TV offers a next generation platform for creators of original pitches for TV, Film & Digital Media to connect directly with Hollywood Producers and Studio Executives and gives creators industry pro advice on how to pitch a television show or feature film. Pitch your idea for a Movie, Screenplay, Television Show, Short Film, New Media Project and more.
Officially selected films will be eligible to receive awards by category, as well as the “FENetwork Best of Best Award” (the ranking award for Best of Festival). Prizes will be awarded based on the film’s overall artistic, narrative, and technical quality.
Category Finalists will be awarded a 3 months free membership at IPitch.tv, valued at 87$ each
Category winners will be awarded a $50 visa gift card plus a 1 year free membership at IPitch.Tv valued at 299$ each
"Best of Best" winner will receive a $75 visa gift card
Fantasy ( Celtic Myth, legends, history)
Sci-fi (experimental, alternate universe reality)
Each official selection will be given two (2) Passes to attend the Celtic Mystery Short Movie Festival screenings and events. FENetwork plans to offer networking opportunities, workshops and panel discussions for fellow supporters of the arts community. Attendees representing officially selected films may also be asked to participate in panels and moderated Q&A sessions with the audience immediately following their film’s screening.
Accepted categories for entries are:
- Fantasy ( Celtic Myth, legends, history)
-Sci-fi (experimental, alternate universe reality)
Entries maybe in form of short movie, documentary or animation movie.
- Maximum duration time is 30 minutes (including credits).
- Only those films produced after September 1st of 2015 will be accepted.
- Short films may be submitted only as an online screener hosted by FilmFreeway or Vimeo.
-There are no limits to the number of entries a filmmaker may enter, but these have to be submitted separately.
- Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
- Films previously submitted to the Celtic Mystery Film Festival are NOT eligible.
- Films that (a) have screened publicly in the London area, (b) have had a theatrical run in the UK prior to the Festival dates, (c) have aired on UK television prior to the Festival dates, or (d) are available for purchase in UK are NOT eligible.
- Previous screenings at other film festivals, as well as private, industry, and press screenings ARE eligible.
- All entries must be made in English or subtitled in English.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
- Entrants are permitted to submit works-in-progress (i.e., without final color correction or sound mixing), but please note that the selecting committee will only consider the version submitted and the film has to be completed by October 5, 2017.
- Films produced, financed, or initiated by a major motion picture studio are not eligible for the competition.
- FENetwork LLC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds
- Cash prizes and categories listed online are not set on exact figures and may vary.
-Filmmaker grants the CMSM Festival the right to use excerpts from the film including audio, video, names and images to promote the festival.