Welcome to Celebes, the world's eleventh-largest island, with a unique culture, tradition, and distinctive flora and fauna.
The island is rich in tradition and culture, from the exotic national parks with specific animals to the island, protected village areas, including the world famous Tana Toraja where the dead are embalmed in living trees, cliff face tombs, hanging coffins, and mummified dead bodies in everyday houses, to the turquoise gleaming watery ocean displaying best coral reef dive sites in world, and friendly people having friendly conversation while watching the wonder of nature and sipping cups of strong coffee from Toraja.
Celebes International Film Festival wishes to make the island and the culture more famous internationally to honor the tradition and the diversity of the island blanketed with the bravery of the ancestors.
We wish to flourish the art of filmmaking and be participated in the growing film industry, nationally and globally. Celebes International Film Festival invites all filmmakers, adventurers, traveler, newcomers, and students to bloom their masterpiece through our Film Festival proudly.
Celebes International Film Festival will give awards for the Overall Winner, the Platinum Star of Celebes Award, the Gold Star of Celebes Award, the Silver Star of Celebes Award, and special jury awards (if necessary).
All accepted filmmakers are honored at the Awards Ceremony. During the Ceremony, the overall winner will receive an exquisite statue when he/she comes in person. All winners will also be granted with winning sash, a token of appreciation, and certificates according to their respective winning categories.
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to Celebes International Film Festival (CIFF):
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) to Celebes International Film Festival (the Festival), you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unexpected loss, stolen, or damage to entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
5. All submission fees are non-refundable.
6. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
7. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
8. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Indonesia, will only receive laurels.
9. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons for the submitter.
10. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
11. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
12. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
13. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
14. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
15. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
16. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
17. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
18. Films could be from any year.
19. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Film Festivals shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, the submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold our employees and us, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.