Now celebrating its twelfth year, The Carrboro Film Festival has grown to become the premiere festival in the Piedmont region of North Carolina. Featuring world class films of every length and genre, CFF is known for packed houses and standing ovations.
This two day celebration of Film ART, NOT Film Business, is recognized by filmmakers the world over as a place to immerse themselves with like minded Film creators, creators of art in cinema. Audiences respond positively to the short films, feature films, narratives documentaries, the experimental and every film genre in between. The Carrboro Film Festival is eclectic and powerful, humorous, and moving.
The Festival organizers take great pains to present the films in the best way possible, huge screens and state of the art sound systems. Presentation is paramount for us.
In addition to two days of wonderful films, we have parties, workshops and networking opportunities throughout the fest weekend.
Beginning in 2006, and now in it’s 12th year, The Carrboro Film Festival is honored to screen films from around the region and around the world.
We present a variety of awards such as Best Narrative Feature, Best Narrative Short and Best Documentary. We pride ourselves in being a creative town and have original trophies made by Mike Roig, renown Carrboro sculptor.
Films can be narrative, documentary, experimental or music video. ANY genre is considered.
- Films must be submitted exclusively through FilmFreeway with an online screener. Please note: we only screen films in the h.264, mp4, 720p. If your film is selected for inclusion into the film festival, we will provide you with more information about screening format if your film is selected.
- Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2016. Films must be available for screening during the Carrboro Film Festival, November 18-19, 2017
- We accept films that have screened at other festivals and venues. In addition, The Carrboro Film Festival is looking for Piedmont and triangle premier's.
- Please let us know if your film will be a premier screening if accepted.
- If your film is accepted, we look forward to promoting your film within the festival marketing, and expect you to not screen your accepted film in the five weeks prior to our festival within 65 miles of Carrboro, NC.
- Carrboro Film Festival reserves the right to change submission categories at their discretion.
- Once an entry payment has been processed we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed, the account holder may be subject to any fees
- You MUST include your physical address in your FilmFreeway entry. Please do not submit a film without giving us your mailing address, phone number and email address, which we need for our records.
- Please include in your submission if your film was SHOT IN North Carolina (include locations) or made by North Carolina FILMMAKERS.