WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
The CFF is dedicated to supporting Canadian independent films and cultivating emerging and established filmmaking talent. Film-loving audiences come to enjoy a diverse selection of 100% Canadian film screenings (feature & shorts), and filmmakers flock to the CFF’s various industry events to take advantage of essential networking and learning opportunities.
Held annually in downtown Toronto the CFF showcases short and feature films and also includes opening and closing galas, an amazing Industry Series, parties and other networking opportunities.
The Canadian Film Fest offers awards for:
People's Pick for Best Flick
Reel Canadian Indie Award sponsored by William F. White International
And other jury prizes
CFF Screenwriting Contest - $10,000 development prize to first place!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- FILMS BY CANADIANS
- 100% of the films we show are TORONTO PREMIERES (so no problem if you've screened elsewhere in Canada or internationally)
- If you've already screened in Toronto, we will not show your movie, even if it stars the delightful Ryan Reynolds
- We screen and are looking for ALL GENRES as long as there is a narrative, a story to follow. We're looking for great stories!
Participants will be notified via email of the selection results in February 2018, around 6 weeks before the Festival.
Exhibition formats must arrive at the Festival by March 1, 2018
The Festival does not accept responsibility for technical damage to films, loss or theft for the period of time that the prints are in the Festival’s possession. But we do take care of them like they're our children! Just don't send us your only copy!
- Films must be Canadian productions
- Canadians must be in creative control of the production
- Premieres and films completed within the last two years are preferred
- Accepting feature films (50 mins in length or longer) and shorts (under 50 mins) of any genre
- Must not be available online in any form (this includes BluRay/DVDs for purchase in any region) during the run of the festival or before.
- $20 for shorts and $35 for features for regular deadline
- $30 for shorts and $45 for features for extended deadline
- Entry fees are non refundable.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Films completed within the last two years and Toronto premieres are preferred.
2. Short films must not exceed 50 minutes in length— including credits.
3. Feature films must be at least 50 minutes in length.
4. All non-English language films must have English subtitles.
5. Films must be available for Festival screening in DCP format. Should you be chosen you'll receive this info in detail.
6. Submissions may not be withdrawn from the Festival once they have been accepted and you have confirmed, except at the sole discretion of the Festival.
7. All selected films may be excerpted for publicity purposes.
8. A separate entry form and additional entry fee must be submitted for each film.
9. All filmmakers who submit will be contacted electronically so please provide an email address.