From Sept. 22nd-26th, 2018, Canada China Art-Tech and mDreams Pictures will host the second edition of The Canada China International Film Festival (CCIFF) in Montreal, Quebec. The festival will promote an exchange of Chinese and Canadian film culture, and encourage communication and cooperation between artists and filmmakers. In addition, the festival will be a platform for innovation and creation as it will showcase the latest in interactive technology.
Based on support from Canadian and Chinese governments, CCIFF aims to attract an international audience. To achieve this, the focus of the festival will be on current and upcoming filmmaking practices. The main events that make up the festival will also be tailored for international appeal. For instance, there will be 7 main events during the 5 days festival including
the Opening Ceremony,
the People’s Film Screening and Competition,
Women’s Voice in Film and Television,
the Entertainment Technology Submit,
the Canada China Co-production Project Pitch,
and the Closing Ceremony.
The CCIFF will successfully bring International Filmmakers together, inspire opportunities between the Chinese and Canadian film markets and strive for an increased influence on the international stage.
Canada China Academy Film Award includes:
Best Feature Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Short Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Special Effects
Best TV Documentary
Best TV Series
Rules & Terms for Film Screening and Competition Only
A) Eligibility Requirements
1. Films completed between 1st January 2017 and 30th June 2018.
2. Feature-length films (narrative or documentary) that are available for public online viewing in their entirety are NOT eligible. Short films (under 30 min) may be available online.
3. Films shown at private screenings not open to the public (for crew, investors, etc.) are eligible.
4. All entries must be subtitled in English or French.
5. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
B) Submission Guidelines
1. All films must be submitted online first for the first audition, once your film is selected for screening, we will inform you to submit DCP and Blu-ray copy for further competition.
2. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
3. Only DCP format is eligible for Festival screening
1st Call Deadline is Feb 28,2018. 2nd Call Deadline is May 31, 2018. 3rd Call Deadline is June 30, 2018.
B) Judging & Selection
Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Canada China International Film Festival judiciary committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email.
All entrants will be notified on or before August 15 , 2018.
Films selected for the International Feature, documentary, short film competitions. Competitions are judged during the Festival.