Cambio International Film Festival (CIFF) is a pioneering showcase of independent cinema in Istanbul. Our goal is to bring the best in films.
Cambio International Film Festival (CIFF) is a mission-oriented non-profit art organization structured by a group of artists inspired carries out its activities with the awareness that the desire brings responsibilities as much as the need, which bases its relationship with life on ‘cambio’ it instead of ‘building’ in nomadic thoughts along with people and geographies.
The association aims to contribute to the presence and visibility of experimental film and arts by doing screenings, exhibitions, performances, and training workshops, in collaboration with curators, artists, art spaces, and organizations around the world.
In addition, Cambio Shorts & Talks is the head organization of the Cambio International Film Festival.
We support visionaries that prevail beyond cinematic confines. Our priority here is to showcase films made primarily for aesthetic and philosophical reasons rather than commercial profit. We hope to give gifted international artists and filmmakers an opportunity to show their talent in all facets and forms that their craft demands. Regardless of whether you are an emerging artist or an established professional, we would like to encourage you to submit your work. It is artists like you that keep the horizon of moving images sharp and in focus so art may endure.
Best Animation (Feature)
Best Animation Design (Frame)
Best Experimental Short
Best GOLD Shorts
Best Super Short Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Experimental Documentry
Best Short Documentary
Best First Experiment
Best Fresh Air
Best Music Videos
Best National Documentary
Best National Short Film
Best Student Film
(Important Note: For this category, you must have also applied to the film categories.)
Best Director (Best Feature)
Best Screenplay (Best Feature)
Best Director of Photography (Best Feature)
Best Director (Best Short Film)
Best Screenplay (Best Short Film)
Best Trailer (Best Short Film)
Best Trailer (Best Feature Film)
Best Poster (Best Feature, Documentary, Short or Animation)
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE EDITION OF CIFF22 ARE OPEN!
Read rules & terms carefully before submitting your work!
RULES & TERMS
1. You must own all the rights to all submissions.
2. All Submissions must have been completed after December 2022. (Final Deadline)
3. If your film is in a language other than English, you must include English subtitles as this festival is for international audience
4. Multiple entries are allowed. More than one film may be submitted to the same category.
5. A selection committee will determine which films will be showcased at the festival, your submission is not guaranteed to be shown.
6. The selection committee has the right to change the submitted category.
7. Works in progress are accepted but not recommended.
8. You can’t withdraw your work after the notification date.
9. Entry Fee is not re-foundable.
10. We want to organize this festival as an event in January 2022.
If your film is selected to the CIFF 2022;
1. By submitting your film you automatically apply for screening and consent to your film being screened at Demo-CIFF 2022.
2. By submitting to the Festival you agree to be included in the Festival’s promotional material (newsletters, flyers, media, etc.).
3. You must send all the necessary materials for the screening before the date that determines by the selection committee. If you won’t send the necessary materials in time, the selection committee has the right to disqualify your film. (This is for National Films)
4. If your film has any dialog, narrator or text; even if your film is in English, you must send a subtitle file(.srt format) in English. If you won’t send the subtitle file in time, the selection committee has the right to disqualify your film.
5.You cannot claim any rights from paid screenings organized by the festival. These demonstrations are done online or offline. But we will plant a tree sapling on your behalf per show. We will send the online certificate to you!