Extended deadline to 9/29
CREATE: Flash Film Fest is a new festival featuring short films by artists. The festival will have a LIVE as well as an ONLINE presence, including shorts of all types, with special attention given to experimental approaches. The festival thrives on the freedom and energy encouraged by the short form, with submissions from all over the world. We are especially excited about moving image works that disregard boundaries set by genre, form and convention. This hybrid event will take place live at the Greenville Drive-in on September 30, 2021, in Upstate New York, with an expanded online program available on the festival website from October 1-7. Maximum length of film, 15 minutes.
CREATE: Flash Film Fest is a project of CREATE Council on the Arts, a non-profit arts organization dedicated to expanding opportunities and access to artists and audiences.
LIVE - CREATE: Flash Film Fest at the Greenville Drive-in - September 30:
The Greenville Drive-in has a concession stand as well as an open air covered bar area with an open air stage. There will also be two food trucks on site to add to the food selection.
Ticket booth opens at 5:00 pm
Performance begins at 6:00 pm
Films screening begins approximately at 7pm
We request that all guests arrive prior to the start of the screening.
List of films to be shown TBD
ONLINE - CREATE: Flash Film Fest Online:
Starting after the LIVE event at the Greenville Drive-In, we will run both the films that were selected for the LIVE event, and all additional jury selected short films from each category, Rare Finds, Capital District, and Youth, 24/7 for a one week ticketed event online. Tickets are purchased online and the films can be watched at the viewers convenience, October 1-7.
Interviews with selected filmmakers will be recorded, clips used for promotion, and shown in conjunction with filmmakers short.
Filmmakers will participate in a Zoom Panelists discussion that will be recorded and available for viewing during online event.
Best Film - $500
Best Rare Finds Film - $250
Best Capital District Film - $250
Best Youth Film - $250
Audience Favorite Award - $150
• In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
• The Flash Film Fest relationship will exclusively be related to the film submitter.
• All rights must be cleared.
• All fees are non-refundable.
• Any film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
• Youth must present a valid ID in order to participate in the Youth category (ages 16-20).
• Not all submissions are selected for official competition. No justification will be given regarding films that are not selected.
• All previous screenings information must be filled in, in order to be considered.
• No re-submissions of films except for new versions.
• Be sure to include your FilmFreeway tracking I.D. number on the short film.
• We do not accept DVDs or thumb drives. Digital online submissions only.
• The applicants (submitters) must accept CREATE Council on the Arts / CREATE: Flash Film Fest Rules and Terms.
• By submitting your movie, you authorize CREATE Council on the Arts and CREATE: Flash Film Fest to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills in our social media and marketing for the film festival.
• Maximum length allowed is 15 minutes.