"Segni nuovi" and "Alcamo Doc" Film Culture Club organize the fifteenth edition of "Cortiamo ", international short film competition.
The 2020 edition will be divided as follows:
- 13th November 20:00 - Screening of a film or documentary and meeting of the public with the director.
- 14th November 7.30 pm - Screening of Special Sections of Cortiamo (Documentaries, Schools, Very Short, Under 25, Animation, Gender Equality, Courts and Rights).
- 15th November 10:00 a.m. -A guided tour will be organized offered to the participants of Cortiamo present in Alcamo during the days of the Festival (Directors, Technicians, producers, actors) at the historic center of our city, which will touch the major architectural and artistic emergencies (with tasting of typical products at the Castle of the Counts of Modica).
- 15th November 19:30 - Final evening for the Best Short. The technical jury will decide the winner of Cortiamo 2020. The audience prize and the press prize will also be awarded on the same evening.
- Short courses in Screenwriting / Photography / Direction will be organized by professionals of the sector, both Italian and foreign
"Cortiamo 2020" festival is divided into the following special sections:
- Shorts and Rights - "ernestodilorenzo" Publishing House Award
- Cortissimi (maximum duration 3 minutes)
- Documentaries - "Alcamo Doc" Award
- Under 25 - ACEC Award
- Gender equality
- Schools - "Aldo Filippi" Award
- Videoclip (Participants must expressly declare that they are authorized to participate in the competition by the copyright holders of the song.)
Each short film will be able to participate in more than one section and all the short films submitted will automatically participate in the selection for the "best film" and "New signs" prize.
Only those selected for the "best film" will also compete for the "public prize".
FIRST PRIZE: An artistic trophy reproducing the logo of the event and 250,00 Euro.
ACEC Prize (Under 25 Section): Plexiglass trophy with the event logo and, compatibly with the anti-Covid-19 safety regulations, covering Travel and accommodation expenses (max 250 euros) for the collection of the prize.
"Ernesto Di Lorenzo - Editore" Award ("Courts and Rights" Section): Plexiglass trophy with the event logo and, compatibly with the anti-Covid-19 safety regulations, covering Travel and accommodation expenses (max 250 euros) for the collection of the prize.
Prizes of the other sections: plexiglass trophy with the logo of the event.
The prize for the best film will be awarded by the technical jury, who will choose the winner from a shortlist of selected short films.
In addition, the jury can assign mentions for particular merits.
The selection and judgment criteria are unquestionable.
The festival organization reserves the right to establish other prizes that will be subsequently communicated on the facebook page and via email to the participants already registered.
The organizing committee will appoint a technical jury made up of film industry experts, journalists, etc. The composition of the jury will be communicated later.
The festival is open to short films made by directors or filmmakers.
All projects that meet the following requirements can participate:
• maximum duration: 15 minutes (duration means the interval of time that elapses from the first to the last image and / or sound, including the opening and closing credits);
• for the "cortissimi" section the maximum duration is 3 minutes;
• works in foreign original language will be admitted only if subtitled or dubbed in italian language;
Works previously sent and registered or participating in other festivals and reviews, not covered by reproduction exclusive, are also admitted.
The "Segni nuovi" staff will act as a selection committee, reserving the exceptions to the rules set out above for particularly interesting works.
The authors of the works selected for the festival will be notified by the event management.
Each participant can register up to three works at the Festival. Participation is free.
Participation implies acceptance of every point of this regulation.