The “Never Stop Creating” Student Challenge is an opportunity to celebrate Central Coast students who found (safe) ways to continue creating throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. The challenge covers all aspects of film, digital media arts, and podcasting, including:
- Film/Sound Editing
- Screenwriting/creative writing
- Short/Long Form Digital Media (such as, YouTube or Twitch Channels)
All students who submit their films or creative works will receive constructive feedback from the Central Coast Film Society board members and will be eligible for entry in the “Never Stop Creating” Student Showcase. Finalists entered into the online May 1st - May 2nd "Never Stop Creating" Student Showcase will have their works reviewed by a panel of judges from the industry and academia to earn Awards for Excellence and available $100 scholarships for each category. Attendees of the online "Never Stop Creating" Student Showcase will also have an opportunity to vote for their overall favorite works to determine the People's Choice Award, worth an additional $100 scholarship.*
*Additional scholarships may be available, pending sponsors and individual donations: https://www.nfggive.com/guidestar/83-0787181
-- Judges Panel - Film --
Cal Poly - Interdisciplinary Studies in Liberal Arts
Festival Director, SLO FILM Fest
Allan Hancock College - Film and Video Production
-- Judges Panel - Digital Media Arts --
Podcaster, Author, YouTube Producer & Host
Your Own Backyard - Podcaster and Freelance Journalist
SLO LIFE Magazine - Publisher and Creative Director
PG&E- Digital Media Producer
Awards for Excellence
Digital Media Arts- Podcasting Challenge
Digital Media Arts- Screenwriting/Storytelling Challenge
Digital Media Arts- Photography Challenge
Digital Media Arts- Highlight Reel Challenge (Editing, Acting, Short/Long Form Digital Content)
People's Choice - Overall Excellence
$100 scholarship available for each category
$100 scholarship available for People Choice Award
**Additional scholarships may be available based on sponsors/donations. Go to https://www.centralcoastfilmsociety.org/ to learn more
1. Dates: Creative submissions must represent works created during the pandemic (March 2020-April 2021)
2. Students: Creative submissions must be from high school students residing in or from the the Central Coast Region of California, specifically Monterey County, San Luis Obispo County, Santa Barbara County, and Ventura County. Class of 2020 Seniors may submit works, so long as they were created prior to graduation.
3. Content: Creative submissions must fall within G, PG or PG-13 ratings (films outside of those ranges will disqualified).
4. Copyright: Creative submissions must be available for public display (on-line or future in-person event).
5. Submissions: Each student may submit only one creative work in a particular category, and each student may only submit a creative work in no more than three categories.