Wizard World, one of the leading producers of Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America, returns with the third annual Bruce Campbell Horror Film Festival. The event will take place along side Wizard World Comic Con Chicago August 18-21, 2016.
Our mission is to showcase the best features and shorts in the horror genre.
This is a excellent opportunity for film makers to get the content recognized by their peers in the pop culture space.
Since 2014, BCHFF has hosted the U.S. Premiere Screenings of: TALES OF HALLOWEEN, WOLFCOP, SUBURBAN GOTHIC, CONTRACTED: PHASE 2, BUNNY THE KILLER THING, JUNE, THE PACK, JERUZALEM, along with dozens of other regional premieres and special guests!
*Official Selections of the Bruce Campbell Horror Film Festival may be considered for distribution on CONtv. Those selected will be notified.
Best Short: $1000 cash prize
All official selections will be considered for distribution on CONtv
• Each entry must be submitted In DVD format OR via Filmfreeway.com. Label each film with your name, address, telephone number, and film title.
• If your film contains mature subject material, please indicate this in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicants submitting films that contain significant non-English
spoken dialogue must provide on-screen English subtitles
• Accepted entries may be invited to host a 5-10 minute Q&A session
immediately following the screening of their film
• You may submit a 15-30 second trailer to be used in future Bruce Campbell's Horror Film Festival promotional materials
• Though your film may fit into more than one category, please select
the ONE you feel best classifies your work
• Excluded from consideration are works such as previews and
advertising films, sequences from feature-length films such as credit
sequences, unaired episodes of established TV series and unsold TV
• Short and feature films do not have any premiere requirements. U.S. and international films do not forfeit their eligibility for submission to the Festival if they were previously released theatrically or on DVD, broadcast on television or the internet, or screened at any number of film festivals in the world
• Any films submitted for 2016 consideration must have been completed between the years of 2014-2016
• It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure
authorization and permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and
all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted
Film. Bruce Campbell's Horror Film Festival expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted
content or materials within or relating to the submitted film,
including any content or materials that are or may become the basis
for any third party claims for copyright infringement
• Upon completion of the Festival selection process, Bruce Campbell's Horror Film Festival will attempt to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form to notify the Applicant of the film’s acceptance status. Bruce Campbell's Horror Film Festival disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any failure to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the contact information provided on the submission form is correct throughout the entirety of the submission period
• Bruce Campbell's Horror Film Festival are under no obligation to provide to the Applicant or any other representative of the Film any comments or feedback regarding the submitted film, any information relating to the manner in which the film is, will be, or was reviewed nor any reasons why the Film, should it not be accepted for exhibition at the Festival, was
Bruce Campbell's Horror Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt or a still from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and in perpetuity for exhibition as well as both pre and post-festival promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening (including but not limited to multiple screenings in multiple U.S. locations), and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Bruce Campbell's Horror Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. Bruce Campbell's Horror Film Festival is under no obligation to provide comments regarding submitted films to any applicant.