Brixia Film Festival (#BRIFF) is a brand-new international film festival aimed at showcasing the currently best Italian and foreign short films in the city of Brescia, northern Italy.
Jury Special Award
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2018.
- Films may not have been released theatrically or shown on television prior to the festival and films may not have been publicly available online (i.e YouTube, Vimeo) prior to the Festival. Earlier festival screenings are not an issue.
- We present all films in their original language. Non-Italian or non-English language films must feature English subtitles in order to be considered. All filmmakers whose works becomes part of the Official Selection will be required to provide Italian subtitles for projection purposes. Please get in touch if you have any questions or seek further information about this point.
- We do not accept works in progress.
- All submissions must be sent via FilmFreeway for the Jury's consideration.
- Apple (Quicktime) ProRes 422 or Higher (422HQ, 4444 and 4444XQ) is the preferred exhibition format for the festival although we do also accept DCPs and other files. Please get in touch if your have any doubts.
- For programming consideration, the festival only accepts online screeners (FilmFreeway or Vimeo via FilmFreeway). We do not normally accept DVD submissions.
- Filmmakers will be required to provide a high-quality copy of their work if chosen to be part of our Official Selection.
- After submitting, please check your FilmFreeway account to make sure that your submission meets our requirements. It is your responsibility to make sure all requirements are met and necessary information is provided.
- Filmmakers are responsible for the shipment of the exhibition copy to the Brixia Film Festival staff.
- We reserve the right to use images and screenshots from selected films in Festival marketing purposes.
- Those submitting their work through the free 'Student' fee must promptly submit a copy of their student ID to email@example.com for verification. Failure to comply with this rule will result in disqualification. The 'Student' fee only applies to current students or those who graduated in 2018 or 2019.
- By agreeing to these terms, you warrant that you have read, understood, and agreed to the regulations of the Brixia Film Festival 2019 and that, to the best of your knowledge, the information that you have supplied is correct.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
- All genres & stories are accepted provided that the content of the film is not defamatory towards any groups or individuals. Films praising racism, violence and abuse will be disqualified. All films who treat such themes with sensibility are extremely welcome.
- We also accept student coursework made within their course, please consult your production team / Lecturer / Module Leader before considering to submit to us.
For any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can answer both English and Italian emails.