*** SPECIAL OFFER LIMITED TIME - ALL SUBMISSION FEES $15 - PLUS 30% OFF WITH 'BIFF30' ***
For multiple submissions contact us!
Bristol Independent Film Festival, the fastest growing and one of the most popular film festivals in the United Kingdom. We strive to bring filmmakers from all over the world under one setting. Having already received nearly 2000 submissions in its first two months from over 104 countries; we continue to represent filmmakers from all levels and experiences. We hope to see you join us and be part of an ever-growing network!
It aspires to promote, recognize and support independent filmmakers throughout the world by hosting a variety of awards in order to provide the best opportunities for filmmakers, helping them receive recognition. We welcome submissions from a range of genres including short films, documentaries, features, animations and screenplays.
Our objective is to provide support for film-makers through reviewing, judging, marketing, and distribution networking. With our live screenings at Everyman Bristol Cinema, we aim to showcase and promote the work of filmmakers. We believe our film festival will give filmmakers a chance to showcase their work to a very wide range of audiences from many different parts of the world.
Bristol Independent Film Fest is based in Bristol, with our jury’s located around the world including countries like Germany, Turkey and USA. All the films will go through a reviewable process by our highly experienced jury’s, who will go through an evaluation process and select the films.
The festival will provide up to 20 selected nominees in each category along with a winner per category. All nominees and winners receive laurels, certificates and trophies. The overall winners will have the chance to win cash prizes from $150 to $1000, and the choice* to have their films added to the Bristol Independent Film Fest website for global promotion and viewing as well as attending our live event at our chosen venue.
Films entered into multiple categories may win multiple awards.
2018 Bristol Independent Film Fest Screenplay Competition:
We accept screenplays from across all genres.
Please read the following criteria before submitting your Screenplay/Script.
1. The Screenplay has not yet been produced.
2. The Screenplay is under 160 pages.
3. No adaptations, must be writer's original work.
4. The Screenplay must be in English.
5. The Screenplay must be a completed draft.
6. Writers must be 18 years of age and over.
Please email us if you need any further information.
The films of the Official selection and the winners will be selected each month and will be contacted by email.
We are very excited to review your film and observe the detailed creativity of your work!
**We will try to be in touch with you within 24 hours to resolve any queries related to your film or submission.
We only award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive evaluation process. Our judges evaluate the quality of filmmaking, creativity, and storytelling ability.
$150- $1000 Cash Prize available!
Multiple winners from each category will be notified each month!
Best Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Feature Documentary
Best Student Film
Best Music Video
Best Foreign (all genres)
All selected nominees will be invited to our live screening at the Everyman Bristol Cinema for the opportunity to meet people from the same industry.
All winners will receive “winner” laurel with a hard copy certificate and special engraved “Bristol Independent Film Fest” trophy presented at our live screening on Event Date. Winners and selected nominees that cannot attend the event will be contacted by BIFF team to send the awards to the provided address.
All selected and winning nominees will be contacted by the BIFF team a month prior to notification date to for further information.
*** All prices for categories and deadlines can be found on the FilmFreeway website. All other information regarding rules and terms and conditions can also be found on the website.
Please contact BIFF team for any occurred delays or problems. We aim to get back to you as soon as we can and solve your issue.
By submitting your film, you agree that Bristol Independent Film Fest can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purpose.
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
Rules and Terms:
Please read all rules and requirements before submitting your project:
1. We do not accept any films made before 2010.
2. Any foreign films must include English subtitles.
3. All fees are non-refundable.
4. Student filmmakers are encouraged to apply but must present their valid Student ID in order to benefit from our student discount.
5. BIFF is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films.
6. Films do not have to be screened publicly to be eligible for our festival, prizes, or awards.
7. BIFF is a competitive event and unless notified otherwise, all films officially selected are eligible for competition. Not all submissions received are selected for BIFF.
8. All films are nominated and voted upon by a jury of film professionals, from an independent point of view.
9. All genres and formats are considered eligible for nomination into one or more competitive categories.
10. BIFF reserve the right to refuse to accept any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question BIFF about their decision, you can contact us by email on Bristolfilmfest@hotmail.com.
11. A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, visit the FilmFreeway website.
12. One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.