Welcome to the Bristol Independent Film Festival!
We are proud to announce that we are sponsored by FilmFreeway and made the Everyman Bristol Cinema our official festival home!
In our first year, we received 3500 submissions with over 120 countries participating in our international film festival. We are the fastest growing and one of the most popular film festivals in the United Kingdom. We strive to bring filmmakers from all over the world under one setting. We continue to represent filmmakers from all levels and experiences.
This year BIFF has decided to nominate one winner to receive $2500.
To help filmmakers and scriptwriters grow, we have decided that everyone that submits will receive notes/ratings of their films/scripts by our judges!
We aspire to promote, recognize and support independent filmmakers throughout the world by hosting a variety of awards in order to provide the best opportunities for filmmakers, helping them receive recognition. We welcome submissions from a range of genres including short films, documentaries, features, animations and screenplays.
Our objective is to provide support for film-makers through reviewing, judging, marketing, and distribution networking. With our live screenings at Everyman Bristol Cinema, we aim to showcase and promote the work of filmmakers. We believe our film festival will give filmmakers a chance to showcase their work to a very wide range of audiences from many different parts of the world.
Bristol Independent Film Fest is based in Bristol, with our jury’s located around the world including countries like Germany, Turkey and USA. All the films will go through a reviewable process by our highly experienced jury’s, who will go through an evaluation process and select the films.
We are very excited to review your film and observe the detailed creativity of your work!
We only award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive evaluation process. Our judges evaluate the quality of filmmaking, creativity, and storytelling ability.
Our judges will nominate one winner to receive $2500.
All selected nominees will be invited to our live screening at the Everyman Bristol Cinema for the opportunity to meet people from the same industry.
All winners will receive “winner” laurel with a hard copy certificate and special engraved “Bristol Independent Film Festival” trophy presented at our live screening on Event Date. Winners and selected nominees that cannot attend the event will be contacted by BIFF team to send the awards to the provided address.
All selected and winning nominees will be contacted by the BIFF team a month prior to notification date to for further information.
By submitting your film, you agree that Bristol Independent Film Fest can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purpose.
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
Rules and Terms:
Please read all rules and requirements before submitting your project:
1. We do not accept any films made before 2010.
2. Any foreign films must include English subtitles.
3. All fees are non-refundable.
4. Student filmmakers are encouraged to apply but must present their valid Student ID in order to benefit from our student discount.
5. BIFF is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films.
6. Films do not have to be screened publicly to be eligible for our festival, prizes, or awards.
7. BIFF is a competitive event and unless notified otherwise, all films officially selected are eligible for competition. Not all submissions received are selected for BIFF.
8. All films are nominated and voted upon by a jury of film professionals, from an independent point of view.
9. All genres and formats are considered eligible for nomination into one or more competitive categories.
10. BIFF reserve the right to refuse to accept any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question BIFF about their decision, you can contact us by email on Bristolfilmfest@hotmail.com.
11. A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, visit the FilmFreeway website.
12. One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.