Blue Shorts is a short film festival held in the Blue Mountains, Australia. Entrants need to reside between Lapstone and Lithgow. Blue Shorts celebrates Blue Mountains stories and storytellers and is a celebration of local creativity and community. Filmmakers of all levels are encouraged to submit short films - from young and emerging filmmakers to the many pros we have in the area. We are looking for short films 7 minutes and under in any genre and style (*films in 12 years and under category need to be 2 mins or less*)
Due to the current lockdown the original deadline of 31-May has now been extended to 31-Aug and at this stage the dates and format of any screenings are still to be determined. Please note that the displayed screening date of 27-Sep is NOT confirmed at this time.
-- This festival is not listed publicly on FilmFreeway so cannot be found by searching the FilmFreeway listings. Once you have created your project in FilmFreeway and uploaded your film, please return to this page to submit your entry to Blue Shorts.
- - Inside your project on the Privacy tab please ensure that "Festivals that I submit to may download my video" is checked.
Blue Shorts is brought to you in partnership with Blackheath Area Neighbourhood Centre, Bendigo Bank, Mount Vic Flicks and Local Film Makers.
Best Art Film
Best Youth Film (Aged 13-18)
Best Youth Film (12 and under) (* 2 minutes or less*)
People's Choice Award
Best Family Made Movie
Best Music Video
Best Dramatic Film
Best Special Effects
1. I have read, understand and fully comply with all Terms of Entry.
2. I am a resident of the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia. (From Lapstone to Lithgow.)
3. My film is max 7 minutes long (max 2 minutes for Youth 12 and under category)
4. I have obtained permission to include all the people and locations in the film.
5. My film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
6 . I am duly authorised to submit this film to the festival.
7 . I hold the Blue Shorts Community Committee, its partners and affiliates, harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry.
8 . I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work.
9 . I give permission for Blue Shorts Community Committee to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the film for promotional purposes.
10 . I give permission for Blue Shorts Community Committee to screen the film at the Festival as well as any Festival presentations, programs, and/or events.