Blue Mountain Film Festival is an intimate festival with big heart and international reach. We showcase the best of World and Canadian cinema in the magical setting of Ontario's Blue Mountains where filmmakers and film lovers co-create memorable cinematic experiences - and make lifelong friends.
Events include 50 screenings, special guest appearances, parties, and a creative forum to spark your creative fire!
Our primary goal is to facilitate connections, to inspire you creatively, and to ensure you have a great time! To ensure you return home feeling refreshed and inspired, we have loads of fun up our sleeves, including early bird hike & yoga sessions, mountain top parties, and a whole slew of deep dive creative sessions to take your skills to the next level.
At Blue, in addition to soaking up great international cinema, you will be immersed in nature and return home feeling refreshed and inspired.
Audience awards plus cash prizes primarily aimed at new and emerging filmmakers.
We accept shorts (3-30 min.) and feature films submissions (>70min.) of all genres.
- Films must have been completed on or after January 2021
- Films in any language other than english must have on-screen english subtitles.
- Submissions must be made by the person authorized to do so by the rights holder for Canada.
- Films must not have been released or streamed on a public platform in Canada prior to the festival.
- No work-in-progress submissions.
- Commercials and music videos are ineligible.
- If selected, Rights holders must cover shipping costs for media and promotional materials.
To ensure that everyone is safe, we are following Federal and Provincial guidelines. We are optimistic that the festival will proceed (and be great fun!), but if we are forced to cancel both the live and virtual events, BMFF will consider submissions for the following BMFF edition.
Canadian films are at least 51% financed through Canadian Dollars or produced in Canada.
Submission fees are non-refundable.