We are seeking the crown-jewel--the poetic--in a film, which filmmakers call the moment. The moment in a film may be a look, a kiss, a quirky smile, an emerging plant in the aftermath of a fire, or something in the frame seemingly small but is gigantic in meaning to the story. In short, it is poetic. We, the organizing committee and our award judges will make the determination of whether a film short includes a poetic moment or moments.
Our festival is a celebration of the poetic moment and, as such, is not a competition that pits films against each other. Rather our festival is about discovering the poetic moment or moments in a given film short, which we recognize as the inherent pearl or pearls. These films may be awarded the Poetic Pearl Award, our highest honor, Award of Excellence and Award of Merit.
There are 2 categories for 3 age groups: Independent Film Narrative Short and Documentary short for Independent filmmakers, High School Students, and University Students.
The Rules are:
Narratives of any genre and Documentaries about any subject are eligible
• Entrants may submit up to two film shorts
• High school students must be Texas residents to submit to the 'Texas High School' categories.
• Running Time: 3 – 20 minutes per film short for Independent Filmmakers
• Running Time: 3 – 10 minutes per film short for High School and University Filmmakers
• Entries may only be submitted via FilmFreeway.com
• Films selected for screening must be submitted in high quality H.264 via downloadable link
• Film Copyright Must Be in Entrant’s Name
• Films Must Be Completed 2018 - 2020
• Non-English-speaking films must have English subtitles
• World Premiere Status Preferred but not Required
Response from festival:
We did send you an email via FilmFreeway on Feb. 3, 2020 letting you know that your film received an Award of Merit. Perhaps, you need to check your spam folder. Moreover, you could have sent us an email inquiring about the status of your film, instead of writing a negative review.