The Big Easy International Film Festival, now in our 11th season, has continued to grow and develop into an important screening opportunity for filmmakers. We also have truly the most amazing location in the U.S.... we screen the films in the historic French Quarter!
We screen both feature and short films of every genre.
Like many festivals, the Big Easy is going GREEN. We are no longer accepting submissions via DVD. We make the process simple, you can submit to our festival through FilmFreeway, pay your fee, and send us a link to your film. We prefer streaming services such as Vimeo or YouTube. THIS WILL SAVE YOU MONEY!!
We give out both Jury and Audience Awards in all major categories.
Official Regulations for the 2020 Big Easy International Film Festival
1. Entries that have screened on US television prior to the Festival are eligible for a Festival screening.
2. Productions produced after January 2015 are eligible.
3. THE BIG EASY IS GOING GREEN!!! We are only accepting online film submissions, so you will have to use a streaming service like YouTube or Vimeo. This will SAVE YOUR MONEY!! We are doing our part to save the planet and saving you all a bit of money while we're at it. Making and sending dvds has a negative impact on our environment, so we will only be accepting online submissions. Again, you can either go through FilmFreeway's online screener system or you can send us a link (as long as you've paid the submission fee and filled out all of the proper info forms). YouTube and Vimeo are perfectly acceptable.
4. Entries must be paid for, as well as submitting all of the information requested before online screeners will be viewed.
5. We will look at works in progress.
6. NO Fee Waivers are available.
7. All Decisions by judges, programmers, and organizers will be final and no refund of entry fee will be permitted.
11. Filmmakers who are ACCEPTED to screen at the Festival, will deliver both an online digital and a dvd version of the film to be screened.
DVD's, DVDroms, CDroms, and Blu-rays WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
1. Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and film being submitted) will be processed and considered for screening.
2. Entrant's name, address, running time and the production's title must be on each case.