Big Apple Film Festival is expanding to LOS ANGELES!
Big Apple Film Festival (LOS ANGELES EDITION), takes place at the world famous Landmark Cinemas in the heart of LA.
BAFF, named one of MovieMaker Magazine's top "25 Film Festivals Worth The Entry Fee,” top "25 Coolest Film Festivals,”, CBS New York's "Best Film Festivals in New York...,” and FilmFreeway's "Top 100 Best Reviewed Festivals", is dedicated to showcasing, highlighting and promoting the highest quality films from the Los Angeles independent film community, as well as additional specially selected films from across the country and around the world.
The festival offers a variety of film screenings and special LA film premieres, as well as a screenplay competition.
ALUMNI FILMS include filmmakers and cast that are Academy Award and Golden Globe nominees, SAG Award winners and nominees, as well as films released by HBO, Showtime, IFC, Netflix, Amazon, Itunes and more...
PREVIOUS HONORARY GUESTS AND AWARD RECIPIENTS INCLUDE:
Jesse Eisenberg(Academy Award, Golden Globe and SAG Award nominee)
Cuba Gooding Jr.(Academy Award winner)
Morgan Spurlock(Academy Award nominee, WGA Award winner)
Alan Cumming(Tony Award and Independent Spirit Award winner)
Jackie Martling (The Howard Stern Show)
Jerry Stiller, Karen Allen, Olympia Dukakis(Academy Award and Golden Globe Award winner)
Zoe Lister Jones
Roger Sherman(Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award winner)
Haley Joel Osment(Academy Award nominee), and more...
BIG APPLE FILM FESTIVAL HAS BEEN FEATURED IN:
The New York Times
MovieMaker Magazine (Top 25 Coolest Film Festivals and Top 25 Festivals Worth The Entry Fee)
CBS New York (Best Film Festivals in New York...)
The Hollywood Reporter
New York 1
AM New York
Big Apple Film Festival accepts submissions and presents selected films in the following categories and sections:
Web Series/TV Episodes
ABOUT OUR SCREENPLAY COMPETITION:
Winners in each of the Screenplay Competition categories will:
Be announced and promoted through VARIETY, one of the industries leading trade publications, subscribed to by leading producers, production companies and studios, including Universal, Fox, Warner Brothers and more.
Screenplay competition winners will receive the opportunity to pitch their script to production companies, agents and other industry representatives through Virtual PitchFest, including NBC Universal, Warner Bros., UTA, The Gersh Agency, and many more.
Feature length screenplay winners will also receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, and many more.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Web Series
1. Big Apple Film Festival (LOS ANGELES EDITION) accepts submissions for feature films, short films, feature documentaries, short documentaries, web series, feature length screenplays, short screenplays, television/web series/episodic pilot scripts.
2. All films submitted must have been completed on or after September 1, 2018
3. All films must be submitted with an online screener
4. All feature narrative and feature documentary submissions must be over 60 minutes in length.
5. All short film narrative and short documentary submissions must be under 60 minutes in length.
6. Web series episodes must be under 60 minutes
7. ALL SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Big Apple Film Festival Screenplay Competition accepts feature length screenplays, short scripts and TV/web series/episodic pilot scripts. Feature length scripts must be a minimum of 60 pages and no longer than 150 pages. Short script submissions and TV/web series pilot scripts must under 60 pages.
2. Submitted screenplays can not have been optioned, purchased, or otherwise produced at the time of submission.
3. Writers may submit as many screenplays as they’d like to the competition, however each script requires a separate application and payment.
4.All entries must be submitted in English.
5.Submissions must include the title, author(s) and any relevant registration or copyright information.
6. Screenplays must be submitted in PDF or MS WORD.
7.All screenplays are considered complete once they are received by the Big Apple Film Festival (LOS ANGELES EDITION). No revisions or updated copies will be accepted.
8. Submission fees are non-refundable.