Beyond the Lens is a social impact film festival that provides filmmakers who have a desire to make a social impact through media with a platform to share their stories. It's not just about a pretty picture. Beyond the Lens champions films and filmmakers that yearn for a deeper understanding of society and progress through the stories they tell.
This first-ever festival is looking for films that embody and embrace three concepts:
Social Justice, Social Wellness, Social Responsibility. If your film makes an impact in one (or all!) of those areas, consider submitting to Beyond the Lens Film Festival!
The theme for this year's Beyond the Lens festival is inspired by the American Academy of Social Work and Social Welfare's 12 Grand Challenges. For more information about these challenges, please visit http://aaswsw.org/grand-challenges-initiative/12-challenges/.
1. All non-English films must be submitted with English subtitles.
2. Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway or a password-protected streaming URL.
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with updated information.
4. Films must adhere to the themes outlined in the categories of the festival -- Social Impact films.
5. Must be willing to host film or a trailer of the film on the Beyond the Lens official website.
6. Beyond the Lens reserves the right to reject or disqualify ineligible entries.
7. Films must be original work of applicants and not infringe on any copyright or adaptation rights.
8. Beyond the Lens disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of copyrights, logos, trademarks, music, and any other third-party materials and permissions.
9. If you are submitting multiple films, each film should be a separate entry.
10. Please submit at least one still image of your film for promotion and marketing purposes.
11. Please submit a synopsis and a logline for your film.
12. Email email@example.com if you have any questions.