***DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9***
Thanks to Castus (www.castus.tv) for being the Presenting Sponsor for this year's Best of the Northwest Awards!
The Best of the Northwest Awards is a chance for you to showcase exceptional media programs. This prestigious awards contest honors outstanding programs produced by community media/PEG (public, educational, government) access TV and other non-commercial media in the Northwest region (Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming) of the Alliance for Community Media.
This contest is looking for programs that you take pride in! Programs that people watched and appreciated, that made a difference in your community, and demonstrated all that community access has to offer.
For over 20 years, Best of the Northwest has supported television programs that are made on a local level. With your entry, you'll be joining a group of the Northwest's most successful community and local access producers. You'll also be supporting the Alliance for Community Media, an organization which works to preserve community access for future generations.
Entries will be judged at community media centers outside of the Northwest Region.
We're looking forward to seeing this year's entries!
Best of the Northwest grants awards in eighteen categories, as well as our highest award for Overall Excellence in P.E.G. Programming. Award winners are presented with a plaque for their outstanding program!
Awards will be presented at the Alliance for Community Media Northwest Regional Conference on April 28, 2018, as part of the ACM - Northwest Region's conference in Portland, OR (check acmnwr.org for details).
1. By entering the Best of the Northwest Video Awards, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the following Rules for Entry, including eligibility and submission requirements. You also give permission to the Alliance for Community Media Northwest Region to present one or more clips from your video/audio to an audience: on access channels, on the internet, and at the Awards Ceremony.
2. Video/audio entries must have had their first broadcast showing on a community media/PEG channel, local origination channel, podcast, or broadcast in Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2017. (Entries do not need to have aired in order to be considered.) PEG (Public, Educational, and Government) channels refers to three different cable television narrowcasting and specialty channels on local cable television systems.
3. Programs that are currently in any form of commercial distribution are not eligible for entry. All entries must be non-commercial programs originally produced to play on PEG access centers, local-origination cable channels, podcast, or produced with Community Media Center equipment/facilities between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2017 in the Northwest region (Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming) of the Alliance for Community Media. Entries do not need to have aired in order to be considered.
4. Entries may be submitted in as many categories as apply to the content of the program. One award will be presented for each category.
5. All entries in all categories can be from professionals and non-professionals alike.
6. All entries must be submitted no later than February 1, 2018.
7. Entries for the Overall Excellence in Public, Educational, or Government Access Programming Award must be submitted by a public, educational and/or government access center that manages a combination of PEG services and channels.
Overall Excellence entries must be a compilation reel including excerpts from at least 6 different programs. Titles may be added to identify clips. Total running time of the reel cannot exceed 20 minutes.