Berlin Sci-fi filmfest offers a platform for filmmakers to present their work on the big screen to live audiences. We will be showcasing the best of its 2018 Science Fiction film entries from around the world in the heart of one of Europe's oldest and most widely now cities - Berlin. We are interested in a full range of films from geek interest, documentary, narrative, animation, experimental, fan films and more. We will celebrate the 'Science Fiction Genre', its filmmakers and all who seek out new life and new civilizations, boldly going where no man has gone before. Berlin Sci-fi offers a platform for filmmakers to present their work on the big screen to live audiences.
The second festival screenings will be on 16-17 November 2018 at Berlin's Babylon cinema in Berlin-Mitte.
You can submit in the following categories:
Best Feature (Min. 60 minutes)
Best Web/TV-series (Max. 50 minutes)
Best Fan Film (Max. 60 minutes)
Best Action Short (Max. 40 minutes)
Best Drama Short (Max. 40 minutes)
Outstanding Film Award
Grand Jury Award
From CRAWFORD TALENTS Berlin for
Best Actor (250$)
Best Actress (250$)
From QUID IN SHRAPNEL for
Best Director (250$)
All of the winners above will receive the BSFF award and runners-up will receive a BSFF certificate, which will be sent as PDF.
Additional PDF Certificated awards will be given for winners in the following categories:
Outstanding German Contribution
Plus: The Dublin Sci-Fi Film Festival Short Film Automatic Acceptance
Terms & Conditions of Entry
BerIin Sci-fi FiImfest
1. Films submitted must belong to the Sci-fi genre.
2. Films not belonging to the Sci-fi genre will not be taken into consideration.
3. Films from all over the world are welcome to enter, however, if the film is in a language other than English, it must be submitted with embedded English subtitles.
4. The submitter must complete all the relevant information including: a non-watermarked film, a poster, a log line synopsis (one sentence only), credits with cast and role included, production year etc.
5. By submitting (and in the event the film is selected) it is agreed that you will supply us with all the material we require, e.g. the film, all film credit information, 1 Poster or 2 Production stills - Within 15 working days of notification.
6. All submissions are preferred as a DCP files or digital upload/download .MOV. For Vimeo users: ensure the film is of the best possible quality and that we are able to download it.
If you would prefer to send us a hard drive, please contact us at email@example.com
7. Secondary category:
• Films must be submitted to a primary genre first, before submitting to a secondary category.
• The secondary category must be specified, or it may be disqualified.
• Films submitted into the secondary category only will be rejected.
1. The submitter agrees that they are the owner of the work or is the legal representative of the work. You are responsible for all copyright clearances, including music, model/actor releases, distribution rights etc.
2. Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest cannot be held liable for any infringement on copyright and/or ownership clearance issues.
3. The filmmaker/submitter accepts full responsibility for any breach of intellectual or trademark property.
4. By submitting, you give Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest permission to use the film and/or trailers and/or any other marketing materials you supply to us for any promotional purposes for the festival.
5. By submitting, you give Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest permission to screen the film royalty-free during the festival at the designated venue(s).
6. Once a film is officially accepted into the festival, it can no longer be withdraw from the festival line-up or the festival’s ongoing program.
7. FAN FILMS: Are accepted and welcomed into the event, and the filmmaker hereby agrees:
• He has obtained all permissions from the copyright holder and/or the franchise holder and/or the intellectual property owner to create his homage film.
8. By submitting, the filmmakers agrees he has read and understood these terms & conditions of entry.
9. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Unless otherwise indicated, amendments will become effective immediately. Please review these Terms and Conditions periodically. Current stand: 22.09.2018
If you have a distribution deal or sales agent, we advise that you consult them and obtain a letter of agreement allowing you to submit to Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest. Please consult all of your partners prior to entering.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation):
For more information on our data protection policy visit https://www.berlinscifi.com/privacy-policy/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any specific questions regarding your data at Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest.
PLEASE NOTE: If your film is accepted, we do not provide accommodation or flights for you to attend the festival. You will receive a festival pass and the opportunity to hold/take part in a Question and Answer and/or a Panel Discussion with the viewing public should you wish to do so. In which case, please contact us with your ideas within a reasonable timeframe prior to the event, so we can schedule accordingly.
To help you with your submission have a look at this article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/essential-film-festival-submission-information-anthony-straeger/
Response from festival:
Well we are blown away, by your review. We worked hard to make our first year a success and thanks to people and productions like yours in made the whole process a joy. Thank you Devi for let us and our audience discover 'Bride of Frankie'. We sincerely hope to see you again.