Berlin Motion Picture Festival is an annual international event dedicated to independent filmmakers.
Located in the city centre of Berlin, every year we host an amazing event at IL KINO, a truly cultural and indie cinema that breathes and lives for short films.
The film industry today is largely monopoly-based and dependent on large scale budgets for productions to succeed. However, this festival aims to provide a place for those who don't have a massive budget at their hands but nevertheless an important story to tell. Berlin Motion Picture Festival at Il Kino cinema serves as a hub for independent filmmakers from all over the world, an event where they can come together and share their work with each other, as well as with an international cinephile audience.
Akin to our mission of providing a platform for indie filmmakers, we are able to provide an affordable solution catered to advance the cause of independent filmmaking. Therefore all submissions are priced at $10-$35.
We will be awarding films in a number of categories, which our Jury will carefully evaluate to their best degree. We welcome submissions of all genres and lengths.
We are now open for submissions for our 2019 event!
We will award the best submissions in each category, unless a category does not contain any projects meeting the high standards of our judges.
Films nominated for an award will receive special laurels.
Films selected for screening will receive Official Selection laurels and will be notified the 18th November 2018 the latest.
Awards ceremony and Networking event will take place following the screenings!
1. All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
2. Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
3. By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at IL KINO, Berlin.
4. Nominations: All films nominated for every category.
Official Selection: Films selected for screening will be notified via email. If you received a Nomination email, but no Official Selection email, it means your film will not be screened, but is still a contender for an award in its category.
Award Winners: Chosen from both the Nominations and the Official Selection.
5. We may promote clips from your film on social media, based on the press kits you provide us with.
6. We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
7. We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
8. Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
9. By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
10. We cannot provide refunds.
11. Films must have been made in or after 2010.
12. We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.