The Bergen International Film Festival of NJ showcases top independent films from filmmakers, as well as new talent. The diverse array of films, selected by a committee, includes features and shorts from all genres, as well as documentaries and screenplays. The festival is hosted in Bergenfield New Jersey at the Bergenfield Theater. The festival will kick off in style and spirit with a red carpet and after party, as well as plenty of opportunity for networking with other filmmakers, actors and attendees. We harness an atmosphere of community and encouragement to support each other in the film arts.
The festival includes an awards ceremony and after party, to offer opportunities for interacting and networking with other filmmakers, actors, and film festival goers.
After each screening block, there will be a Q&A with the filmmakers. Following the last block of films, is the awards ceremony. Followed by an after party.
We will hold an awards ceremony in the theater, presenting trophies to the winners. Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony, including Best Film, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Screenplay, and Audience Choice.
BERGEN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (BIFF) SUBMISSION RULES
1. BIFF competition categories are open to the United States and International entries.
2. Films must submit online preview screeners through FilmFreeway. Any other method must receive prior approval from the festival.
3. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
4. Entries must have been completed in the past 5 years.
5. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
6. BIFF has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the Bergen International Film Festival.
7. In order for award winners to receive a trophy, the project's producer or director must be present.
8. If officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film in digital downloadable format and/or in DVD or Blu-Ray format.
9. Screening copies will not be returned to the submitter, unless a pre-paid return mailer is included.
10. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.