Saint Louis has been highly influential in film history. Escape from NY, White Palace, and most recently, Up in the Air have all been shot in this great city. To honor the tradition of film and its place in our community, we are proud to announce the first annual BENTON PARK FILM FESTIVAL.
Saint Louis is the perfect setting to celebrate the diversity of independent Cinema. The Benton Park Film Festival is set to offer great venues, featuring 6 viewing halls at the Historic Lemp Grand Hall.
Our aim is to merge a cultural love for films. Whether you are an aspiring student filmmaker or a seasoned industry professional, this festival is for you. There is a $15 fee for each submission with a $5 discount for Earlybird submissions. There is no fee for residents of Illinois or Missouri. All finalist entries will be shown at our viewing parties in one of our six locations and are eligible for awards and prizes.
We want to make the Benton Park Film Festival an integral part of cinema in St. Louis and feature quality work from a diverse pool of creators. All films will be accepted so long as they adhere to the criteria listed below.
BEST OF SHOW receives, "THE ELSIE" *
BEST OF SAINT LOUIS (Illinois Residents are in the running for this as well)
Writing (Jason C. Klefisch Award)
Original Music Score
* "The Elsie" winners are obligated to return the Trophy when submissions open for the 2019 festival season. The award comes with a paid for return label. If applicable, Elsie Winners will announce and hand the award to the next year's film festival "Best of Show 2019 winner" and will be a selected juror through FilmFreeway for the Benton Park Film Festival 2019.
* "The Elsie" Award is open to all countries and states. May the Best film Win and take her home.
• Short Films must be shorter than 50 minutes, feature films longer than 50 minutes
• We accept all films as long as english subtitles are present
• Selected films will be screened in front of a Live audience
• We are not responsible for copyright infringement on your materials
• All submitters agree to the terms and conditions and to receiving marketing emails and discounts about film festivals. We NEVER sell your information to 3rd parties
• Instagram Stories have to contain at least two minutes of footage and tell an actual story, use of people or content we are not responsible for.
• Films that have been entered in other film festival are allowed to submit.