This will be the very first year of the Bennington College Alumni Film & Creativity Festival. Showcasing a curated program of Bennington students and alumni work.
We are accepting submissions from Bennington College students and alumni ONLY. They must be credited as talent or crew in the film. Please review the complete list of rules below before submitting.
For our first year, we will have directors Cameo Wood and Alethea Root, Bennington alumnae, serve as our Festival Directors.
Bennington College Alumni Film & Creativity Festival is a FREE event and will be held on Friday Sept. 27th and Saturday, Sept 28th, 2019 at Bennington College.
One film will be awarded an Audience Award.
Submissions with no affiliation with Bennington College will be IMMEDIATELY disqualified.
- A Bennington College student/alumni MUST be associated with the project submitted, credited as talent or crew.
Talent: Must be a lead or major supporting role
Crew: Must be a Creative Department Head. Ex. are Director, Writer, DP, Production Designer, Costume, Composer... etc
Other positions if your creative talent contributed in a significant way to the project.
- We are currently accepting short and feature films.
- Narrative, documentary, experimental, animation, VR, AR, and XR projects are all eligible for submission.
- Submissions in other languages must have English subtitles.
- We are not requiring a submission fee.
- Must fill out the synopsis as well as bio.
- In the specific field provided, must specify how a Bennington alumni/student was involved in the film.
- Submissions will not be accepted after July 1st, 2019.
- You MUST provide a link to download of the film (ie: OneDrive, Google Drive, Drop Box, etc.)
By submitting your film, you allow the film festival to screen your film as well as use up to 10% of your film to use in promotions.
SELECTION AND ACCEPTANCE
Final programming will be decided by the screening committee.
All entrants will be notified via FilmFreeway.
Accepted films will be notified on August 1st, 2019.
Accepted films MUST send/give us a copy of the film with the criteria below:
- Quick time file
- H.264 compression
- File name should include film name and directors name. For example FilmName_DirectorName.mov
We will be using the synopsis and bio that is written in the submission, but will also be asking for a still from the film.