The longest running regional queer film festival in Australia, BQFF now proudly closes the Bendigo Pride Festival. As well as playing the best queer shorts and features from around the world, BQFF also runs the annual Queer Country exhibition and the Patron Breakfast speech which has been delivered by Anton Enus, Christine Nixon, Rodney Croome, Sue Ann Post, Jason Ball and Ro Allen among others.
Bendigo Queer Film Festival Prize for Best Short Film - $500 AUD
Bendigo Queer Film Festival Terms and Conditions
1. BQFF accepts films from Australia and around the globe.
2. BQFF accepts all genres of fiction, and documentary shorts.
3. Films submitted must be no longer than 15 minutes, inclusive of credits.
4. The producer grants BQFF the rights to:
(a) Exhibit the film in the Bendigo Queer Film Festival and to be considered as part of any festival tour,
(b) Include the film in a BQFF session at the subsequent Bendigo International Short Film Festival and;
(c) use images or clips of the production for promotional purposes for both BQFF and the Bendigo International Short Film Festival.
5. The producer warrants to the BQFF that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes use of music and literary material.
6. All productions screened at the Bendigo Queer Film Festival must have been completed within 3 years of the entry closing date.
7. Entries cannot be withdrawn after March 1st, 2020. By submitting your film to the BQFF for consideration, you acknowledge this condition of entry and waive your right to withdraw your film from the Festival after this date.
8. If your film is selected for the Festival, you will be sent an email confirmation by March 1st, 2020.
9. Entries should include characters or themes connected to the LGBTQIA+ community.
10. BQFF only screens digital productions from file, we DO NOT screen from Beta SP, HDCam or DVD. To ensure your entry is screened correctly, you must include screening gauge and ratio details as requested on the entry form.
11. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.