The longest running regional queer film festival in Australia, BQFF is now proudly part of the Bendigo Pride Festival. BQFF now specialises in short films, celebrating the best queer work from around the world, including narrative, documentary, experimental and performance shorts.
Bendigo Queer Film Festival Prize for Best Short Film - $500 AUD
Swivel, d. Lois Norman, UK
The Odyssey, d. Emmanuelle Mattana, Australia
How Not To Date While Trans, d. Nyala Moon, USA
In Nature (Dan's La Nature), d. Marcel Barelli, Switzerland
Laughter Club, d. Adam Ciancio, Australia
I Can't Forget Him (d Kevin Kai Wing Yiu, Hong Kong)
Bendigo Queer Film Festival Terms and Conditions
1. BQFF accepts films from Australia and around the globe.
2. BQFF accepts all genres of fiction, and documentary shorts.
3. Films submitted must be no longer than 15 minutes, inclusive of credits.
4. The producer grants BQFF the rights to:
(a) Exhibit the film in the Bendigo Queer Film Festival and as part of any festival tour or additional screening,
(b) use images or clips of the production for promotional purposes for both BQFF and the Bendigo International Short Film Festival.
5. The producer warrants to the BQFF that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes use of music and literary material.
6. All productions screened at the Bendigo Queer Film Festival must have been completed within 3 years of the entry closing date.
7. Entries cannot be withdrawn after March 1st, 2023. By submitting your film to the BQFF for consideration, you acknowledge this condition of entry and waive your right to withdraw your film from the Festival after this date.
8. If your film is selected for the Festival, you will be sent an email confirmation by Feb 20th, 2023.
9. Entries should include characters or themes connected to the LGBTQIA+ community.
10. BQFF only screens digital productions from file, we DO NOT screen from Beta SP, HDCam or DVD. To ensure your entry is screened correctly, you must include screening gauge and ratio details as requested on the entry form.
11. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. No refunds will be given, including (but not limited to) the filmmaker entering a film that does not fit the criteria above, or voluntarily removing film from consideration.