Founded 19 years ago, the Beijing Queer Film Festival (aka Love Queer Cinema Week) is one of grassroots film festivals in China focusing on independent queer film screenings and cultural exchange activities. We aim to expand public discussions on sexuality/gender identity/gender expression, we aim to give a platform to sexual and other minorities in China and the World, and we celebrate diversity. Under a difficult domestic social and political environment, we remain alive year after year thanks to the help, solidarity and support from many civil society groups and individuals.
1. All queer themed films are allowed, all genres and lengths are accepted, including documentaries / features / shorts / animations / experimental films etc.
2. All films have to be produced after January 1st, 2020.
3. Only films that haven’t been screened at the Beijing Queer Film Festival will be selected.
4. For Chinese-language films, the submission deadline is 15 August 2021.
5. For foreign-language films, the submission deadline is 1 August 2021.
1. Filled-out entry form of 14th Beijing Queer Film Festival Entry Form
2. High-quality film poster, director headshot, 3 film stills
3. Online secure screener link/password (preferred).
P.S. If you don’t have an online screener, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will arrange for submission with a DVD copy via postal mail.
Please send your submission, including the entry form and all film materials to email@example.com.
We will update you on our selection by the middle of September 2021.