As a platform for communication between film art and the industry, the Beijing Film Award Festival returns to the spirit of film by screening and encouraging excellent films presented each year, providing the industry with a multi-meaning sample of Chinese youth films, intervening in the ecological cycle of the film industry, and carving the memory of contemporary film history.
We look forward to more excellent works appearing, giving certain support to the emerging forces, allowing more excellent films to be shown to the public, expanding the audience contact surface of excellent new films, and enabling film creation to obtain a wider space for survival and development.
Each submitter can enter multiple categories to increase their likelihood of winning. Each official selection, finalist and winner will receive our official honor and receive an official certificate from the Organizing Committee, which will be listed on our website. Each winning film will be recommended for consideration by our official Chinese distribution company.Each year we select the best from the best (from the winners of all seasons) and the resulting film of the year receives a high quality certificate and trophy.
* What we’re looking for? Story-based films, which can be in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non fiction), or animation.
* By submitting your film, take note that:
- You agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
- The films will not be available online.
- We promote some of the films by uploading the trailers/teasers/posters/production stills.
* We do not accept:
1. Amateur videos
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations
3. Films involving politics / films promoting political agenda
4. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD)
5. Films which were made before 2010
*On the definition of duration:
A film under three minutes is considered a hypershort
A film under 40 minutes are considered a short film
A film longer than 60 minutes is considered a feature length film