The festival of a new European film - BEACH FILM FESTIVAL is an idea of an interdisciplinary event that is focused on the development and presentation of the new European film and its identification as a special cultural phenomenon. This festival is intended for all ages, and especially the young intellectual audiences, related to film or interested in penetrating the contemporary aspects of the new European culture. The idea is to use the summer period and the beach as a social phenomenon for exchanging experiences and discussions in a more relaxed way, without urban pressures or any time-space inhibitors.
The festival is giving two awards - Golden "large wave" for best feature film and "Golden small wave" for best short film.
Rules & Terms
The second edition of the Beach Film Festival will take place from
18 - 21 July 2018 in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.
Film Submission Rules
A film must comply to the following conditions:
- is a feature or a short film,
- is completed in 2018 or 2019
The submission fee for regular deadline is 5 euro for feature films and 3 euro for short films.
-Only the entrants whose films are selected will be notified.
-The selected films will be announced no later than 1st July 2019
Festival's Jury will award the "Golden large wave" for Best Feature Film and "Golden short wave" for Best Short Film.
Submitted films are assessed in terms of artistic qualities and European character of the films.
1. Films may be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway only.
3. The final submission deadline is June 15th 2019.
4. The entry fee in the regular deadline is 5 euros for feature films and 3 euros for short films.
5. The entry fee for early birds (films submitted before March 25th) is 3 euros for feature films and 2 euros for short films.
6. The entry fee for Late deadline submitted films (films submitted between June 15th and June 25th) is 7 euros for feature films and 4 euros for short films.
5. The person submitting the film gives their permission to screen the film during the Festival and during other events promoting the Festival arranged by the organizer with no screening fees.
6. The Festival reserves the right to invite a film which was not submitted to the Festival.
1. The film copies (selected films) should be sent electronically via online link.
2. The films should have English subtitles and will be screened with, both, Macedonian and English subtitles.
Submitting a film to the Beach Film Festival is equivalent to the acceptance of the conditions set out in the above Rules & Terms.