We're doing another NYC PARK TAKEOVER for Web Series Wednesday!
The Black TV & Film Collective (BTFC) is teaming up with NYC Parks, Final Draft and the Luminal Theater to champion the work of under-represented voices in television and film by screening web series from your favorite NYC filmmakers. The screening will be preceded by an introduction of the filmmakers and a short talk on the creative process.
As artists we have to fight exceptionally hard to find not only the resources to make our work, but also a sustainable financial foothold as professionals that will allow us to continue to make future work. A big part of that journey is finding venues to screen and opportunities to attract attention as artists. We’re exceptionally excited to collaborate with NYC Parks, Final Draft and the Luminal Theater for this unique opportunity.
Submit your work for an opportunity to screen and win one year license to Final Draft 11!
All submissions must be NYC based!
Screening Date: Monday, June 12th
Screening Time: 8PM - 10:30PM
Location: 1030 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY @ the Christopher "Biggie" Wallace Basketball Courts in Brooklyn, NYC
About the BTFC: The Black TV & Film Collective (BTFC) is a 501c3 non-profit organization based in Brooklyn, New York with the mission to increase opportunities for artists of color in film, television and digital entertainment. The BTFC offers professional development classes and workshops, relationship building events and production support for over 1200 members across New York City.
About NYC Parks: NYC Parks is a steward of more than 30,000 acres of land – 14% of New York City – including more than 5,000 individual properties ranging from Coney Island Beach and Central Park to community gardens and Green streets.
- NYC Parks Team screening your work under the stars
- One Year License to Final Draft 11!
- One Year Complimentary Advanced Support Membership to the Black TV & Film Collective
- Must be a NYC based web series (please note ONLY NYC based submissions will be viewed!)
- Must have been made within the last 3 years
- Must have a run time no longer than 12 minutes
- Must be made by or featuring a person of color in the lead role, or in the role of writer, director, producer or DP.