In a huge, lively restaurant, a tiny spider spots his next meal. What could go wrong? ‘BON APPETIT’ is about the little ironies and light humour in the chaos of life.
Runtime:1 minute 45 seconds
Completion Date:November 1, 2023
Country of Origin:France
Country of Filming:France
Student Project:Yes - Merinov Animation School
Born in December 2006 in England, lived in Moscow, then Cambridge, and now living near Paris.
Currently studying IB at Ermitage International school. Higher level subjects: visual arts, English literature, French B. Standard level subjects: chemistry, maths analysis, psychology.
2D animation course at @merinovschool 2022-23.
- Fluent in English, Russian, French.
- Softwares: Photoshop, After Effects, Toonboom Harmony, Moho.
- Digital skills: 2D hand drawn animation, digital drawing, video/animation compositing.
- Fine art skills: charcoal, pencil sketching, watercolour, oil, pen/ink, etching, linocut, clay and polymer clay sculpture, life drawing.
Sports and hobbies:
- Horse riding.
- Acoustic and electric guitar.
Loves and primarily draws nature and animals.
Hello, I’m Sasha and I live near Paris. When I was a small child, I was intrigued by the science and art of animation. As I grew up, I experimented with stop motion and 2D hand drawn animation, which eventually led me to the course of @merinovschool, for which I created this film.
I was always passionate about drawing and art, so 2D hand drawn animation became my devotion, which is why I chose this technique for my film. Its aesthetic mimics the 1900s silent film genre. The animation depicts chaos, freedom, and imperfection, and to convey this I had to draw in a way that was free, impulsive, and explosive.