BNP PARIBAS GREEN FILM FESTIVAL is an international festival of ecological films, it is a celebration of cinema and people who are not indifferent to the fate of our planet. GFF also includes ecological workshops, educational meetings, lectures and other artistic activities aimed at improving the culture of life in accordance with the "green" values.
BNP PARIBAS GREEN FILM FESTIVAL is the first and biggest film festival in Poland focusing on environmental issues. Established in 2018 by Green Festival Foundation, GFF is a festival that seeks to share the hope for a better world where all the lives can live in harmony with environment and nature. Through cinema, the festival hopes to promote ideas of environmental protection and life respect to encourage public awareness and action for positive changes.
TOTAL MONEY PRIZES - 60 000 PLN
A. GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL - 25 000 PLN
For the best festival film chosen from the four competing categories: Narrative Films, Animated Films, Feature Documentaries, Short Documentaries, Reportages.
B. BEST FEATURE DOCUMENTARY FILM - 5000 PLN
C. BEST SHORT DOCUMENTARY FILM - 5000 PLN
D. BEST NARRATIVE FILM - 5000 PLN
E. BEST ANIMATED FILM - 5000 PLN
F. BEST REPORTAGE- 5000 PLN
G.BESTYOUTH (filmmakers below 26 among all above categories) - 5000 PLN
Official awards will by trophies and diplomas.
REGULATIONS of the 6th International Festival of the Environmental Films
“BNP PARIBAS GREEN FILM FESTIVAL"
The Organiser of the 6th International Festival of the Environmental Films „BNP PARIBAS GREEN FILM FESTIVAL” (hereinafter referred to as: the Festival) is Fundacja Green Festival located in Śledziejowice 172, 32-020 Wieliczka, KRS 0000718705; TIN: 6832099124.
1. Festival takes place in Kraków between 13th and 20th of August 2023.
2. The aim of the Festival is to contribute to developing the craft of filmmaking engaged in discussing the issue of ecology, as well as to pursue the environmental education throughout screening films, discussions with creators and environmental experts from all over the world.
3. The Festival is of an international character.
4. To select the films for the competitions taking place during the Festival and award winners in competitions, as well as to oversee the proper course of the whole Festival, the International Jury is being formed. All members of Jury, including its Chairman, are appointed by the Organiser.
1. Submissions must illustrate an environmental theme and be informative, educational or inspirational.
2. Only films completed after January 1st, 2021 will be considered for the official selection.
3. The Applications are received through the FilmFreeway Portal or by sending the filled-in Application, only via Internet. Does not apply to the "Best Youth FIlm" competition.
4. Length of the movies:
a). Feature documentary – no less than 40 minutes
b). Short documentary – up to 40 minutes
c). Narrative films – up to 30 minutes
d). Animated films - up to 30 minutes.
e). Reportage – no less than 10 minutes
5. All films must be subtitled in English.
6. Competition films chosen by the Jury must be delivered to the organizers at the sentenced date via a link to the film, for example - Wetransfer or another server.
7. We accept .MOV, * mp4 files. in HD quality (1920x1080).
1. The program of the Festival includes:
- main competition for the Grand Prix Award (Grand Prix);
- competition for feature documentary films (Feature Documentary);
- competition for short documentary films (Short Documentary);
- competition for narrative films (Narrative Film);
- competition for animated films (Animation);
- competition for reportages (Reportage);
- competition for best Polish films (Polish Film);
- competition for best young creator (Best Youth);
as well as
- out-of-competition film screenings;
- press conferences;
- accompanying events.
2. Films are qualified to respective competition categories by international Selection Committe from between films submitted for the Festival. Committee’s decision is final and does not need a justification.
1. Within the Festival consecutive awards are to be given:
- Grand Prix Award, funded by the Organiser of 25.000 PLN gross (in words: twenty five thousand zlotys) for the director(s) of the winning film presented within the Main Competition, designated by the international Jury;
- Feature Documentary. The Award funded by the Organiser of 5.000,00 PLN gross for the director(s) of the winning film presented within the Feature Documentary, designated by the international Jury;
- Short Documentary. The Award funded by the Organiser of 5.000,00 PLN gross (in words: five thousand zlotys) for the director(s) of the winning film presented within the Short Documentary, designated by the international Jury;
- Narrative Film. The Award funded by the Organiser of 5 000 PLN gross (in words: five thousand zlotys) for the director(s) of the winning film presented within the Narrative Film, designated by the international Jury;
- Animated Film. The Award funded by the Organiser of 5 000 PLN gross for the director(s) of the winning film presented within the Animation, designated by the international Jury;
- Reportage. The Award funded by the Organiser of 5 000 PLN gross for the director(s) of the winning film presented within the Reportage, designated by the international Jury;
- Polish Film. The Award funded by the Organiser of 5 000 PLN gross for the director(s) of the winning film presented within the Polish Film, designated by the international Jury;
- Best Youth. The Award funded by the Organiser of 5 000 PLN gross for the director(s) of the winning film presented within the films prepared by the creators who did not have their 30th birthday by 20th of August 2023, designated by the international Jury.
2. The Organiser can establish additional competition categories on Their own authority.
3. Aforementioned awards are a gross amount from which the income tax will be deducted, according to applicable in this matter regulations of Polish law.
4. The right to the award appertains to the director(s) of the winning films.
5. The condition of participation of the film in certain competition is submitting, after qualifying the film to the finale of certain competition but no later than by 31st of May 2022, written declaration (also as a pdf document sent via e-mail) by the director(s) about the extent of the creative effort put into the direction of certain film according to the template attached to these regulations.
6. Official verdicts of Jury are to be announced during the Gala.
1. The condition to gain a right to the award is:
1.1. After being informed by the Organiser about winning in a certain competition:
a) sending two professional photographs of at least one director of an awarded film within 7 days after being informed about winning a competition in HD quality (with grating a license to such photos) – in order to promote the Festival (including next editions of the Festival), together with the consent to use the image to promote the Festival (and Its next editions);
b) recording a film of 45”-120” length with a statement of at least one director of awarded film about the award and the significance it has for them, together with the license for the needs of promoting the Festival (including next editions of the Festival), as well as the consent to use the image to promote the Festival (and Its next editions);
1.2. The duty for at least one director of awarded film to participate in the final gala of the Festival in Kraków on 20th of August 2022 (Final Gala) or throughout online connection during the Final Gala.
1.3. Sending the information including the number(s) of banking account(s) to transfer to the award (in case of transferring the award to several directors it is crucial to inform which bank account belongs to whom) as well as the information whether the activity of the director is being part of economic activity, no later than by 15th of September 2023.
1.4. Delivering the Organiser the original of the certificate of tax residency (if applicable) no later than by 15th of September 2023.
2. The outpayment of the award will take place no later than by 30th of November 2023 throughout bank transfer to the bank accounts provided by the winners.
3. The Organiser may refuse to give out the award in case of not executing the obligations specified in pt. 1 subpoint 1.1., 1.2 or 1.3 of this paragraph by certain director-laureate.
4. In case of the winning film having more than one director, the award assigned to certain competition will be paid in parts, according to the declaration discussed in § 4 pt. 5 of these Regulations.
5. The awards which the Organiser will not give out because of the violation of the Regulations will be in disposition of the Organiser.
1. All declarations/documents mentioned in these Regulations ought to be sent by electronic means to the address email@example.com or through the mail to the legal address of the Organiser.
2. The Regulations have been drawn up in Polish and English language version. In case of uncertainties of interpretations of provisions of the regulations, the Polish language version is binding.