#BNHAF Bol-News Hybrid Awards Festival is an international hybrid awards and festival. It is held round-the-year and is an interesting mix of
1. Physical Editions
2. Virtual Editions
3. One-on-One Awardee Editions
#BNHAF physical editions are held in state-of-art cinemas or auditoriums (check the video right @ top: https://www.popcornflicks.org/2009/01/bnhaf.html) with an outreach of 100,000+ audiences and students only in the city of Ghaziabad, India. Virtual Editions are conducted on multiple platforms including Filmocracy, the win-win aspect of virtual edition is three-pronged:
1. All selected films are screened for FREE at the immediate physical edition that follows.
2. The entry fees to virtual edition gives ONE Audience Ticket of the virtual edition to each selected film absolutely FREE.
3. The winners of virtual edition is a mix of Jury votes (50%), Audience Votes (25%) and Social Media Votes (25%).
The editions have more than 25-million impressions across various social media. Five editions have successfully been executed since the launch in September 2021.
Inaugural edition > Physical > IMS University Campus l December 11, 2021
2nd edition > Virtual l March 12, 2022
3rd edition > Physical > IMS University Campus l May 13, 2022
4th edition > Virtual l July 6, 2022
5th edition > Virtual l September 15 to September 19, 2022
Video announcing the winners of the 5th Edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfSCD5KIBRk
The 6th Edition > Hybrid (Physical and Virtual) is scheduled from October 10 to October 14, 2022
Few of the notable Awardees are: Flora Saini l Indian Actress. Phoebe Kemi l Actress and Model based in NYC walked NYFW, Paris Fashin Week, London Fashion Week. Dorotea Saykaly l Multi-award winning dancer, choreographer and actress. Priyasha Bhardwaj l Indian Actress. Varsha Rajkhowa Miss Scuba International 2016. Jyoti Guptara, Published Author l Counted as '100 most important Swiss'. Pratham Khurana, director of 'Nauha', Official Selection at 75th Cannes Film Festival in La Cinef section
#BNHAF one-on-one awardee editions have hosted more than 159 artists that include filmmakers, actors, actresses, writers, authors and painters. The Inaugural edition saw the participation of 50 films from countries like US, France, Australia, Brazil, Nigeria, practically, all the continents - with select screenings. Awardees interviews served as knowledge series and Masterclass for aspirants across the world.
The flagship awards of #BNHAF are in film, media and fashion industry, #BNHAF also awards in health-care, hospitality, leisure, law, architecture and other sectors.
#BNHAF believes, each artist is unique with a distinct perspective, yet their art is often overlooked because of outreach. #BNHAF gives each participant wider outreach and helps create their fan-base. Filmmakers, actors, models, writers, authors, singers, dancers, painters, sportsperson, sculptors, lawyers, doctors, politicians, restaurateurs, hospitality – all contributors to art are worthy of #BNHAF Award Nomination.
BNHAF Showcase is a sponsored category where Filmmaker or Artist gets following benefits -
1. Guaranteed Screening both in Virtual Edition and Physical Edition
2. FREE Screening at the Annual Gala Physical Edition of #BNHAF
3. 50% WAIVER for Popcorn Flicks' Film Residency Program conducted in association with a top B-School or Film School in India
4. One-On-One Awardee Edition with cast and crew
5. FREE non-exclusive representation of the film at Marche du Film, Cannes Film Festival.
The sponsorship fee is US$ 2400.
Few Press Links Online
There are 30+ awards in the categories of Short, Feature-Film, TV and Webseries , Music Videos, Upcoming Talent and Influencers (Best actor, actress, supporting actor, supporting actress, screenplay, documentary, director, Best Picture).
1. All selected films for #BNHAF Virtual Edition get FREE physical screening at the immediate #BNHAF Physical or Hybrid Edition that follows.
2. The top 3 films get a FREE non-exclusive representation for distribution of the selected film by Popcorn Flicks Film Services at all the major film-markets of the world including Marche du Film, Cannes Film Festival.
3. The top 3 films get a FREE pass to attend the Annual #BNHAF Media Workshop conducted online on ZOOM for any one: either producer or director of the film.
4. The top 5 films get a FREE showcase at one-on-one Awardee Edition showcase for any one: either producer or director or any one of the actors of the film.
5. The top 10 films get 20% WAIVER for Popcorn Flicks' Film Residency Program conducted in association with a top B-School or Film School in India.
6. All selected films get an e-honor certificate.
Rules, Terms & Conditions: #BNHAF Bol-News Hybrid Awards Festival
1. If you want to submit the film directly to the festival, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If there is any NUDITY in the film, it should be blurred.
3. Selections will be made by #BNHAF Bol-News Hybrid Awards Festival. The decision of #BNHAF regarding selection and awards will be absolute and final. Submitting your film does not guarantee festival acceptance or screening. Acceptance into the festival does not guarantee award or prize.
4. The Submission fees for the films, whether accepted or rejected, are not refundable.
5. #BNHAF editions are held alternately at a physical venue and on virtual or online platform (including Filmocracy) to reduce the risk of Covid-19, please be sure before applying to #BNHAF about the mode the particular edition is being held. #BNHAF Bol-News Hybrid Awards Festival is not responsible for mix-up or any confusion from your end. In such a case, submission fees is not refundable.
6. Films in any language other than English must be subtitled in English.
7. All social media requirements must be fulfilled. It is must to join the Facebook Group, follow on IG and Twitter. Use hashtags #BNHAF #BNHAF2022 on social media once film is submitted.
8. Photographers who wish to put together their still images as montages are eligible for screening.
9. The physical venue might change to a bigger venue to accommodate all.
10. One-on-one Awardee Editions, conducted online and featured on www.bol-news.com are either in English or in Hindi.
11. All material will be provided to #BNHAF as specified below
• Only .mp4 files accepted
- Max file size 1 GB
- All films MUST BE 16:9, 4:3, or 1.9:1 aspect ratio
- Target bitrate 16Mbps for HD H.264 avc1 encoding maximum resolution 1920x1080 / 2048x1080 / 1600x1200
- .jpg or .png Poster (Must be vertical portrait layout @ minimum 72DPI and 3x4 ratio)
- WebVTT subtitle files for on-demand streaming
- Subtitles MUST BE burnt directly onto the film file for linear programming/live-streaming
12. The winners of virtual edition is a mix of Jury votes (50%), Audience Votes (25%) and Social Media Votes (25%). Entry fees to virtual edition gives ONE Audience Ticket of that virtual edition to each selected film absolutely FREE. Additional Audience Tickets can be bought from the Filmocracy platform.
13. #BNHAF Awards and Festival will rate the film PG, PG-13, 18+ or R for #BNHAF festival screening purposes.
14. In all matters decision of #BNHAF will be absolute and final.
Force Majeur Clause: Due to Covid-19 pandemic and unforeseen outcome, #BNHAF Bol-News Hybrid Film Festival reserves the right to postpone or move the event to a digital platform if necessary. #BNHAF editions are held on physical venue and online or virtual platform alternately to reduce the risk of Covid-19, please be sure before applying to #BNHAF about the mode the particular edition is being held.
Response from festival:
Welcome David! Thank you for choosing #BNHAF Awards and Festival for such an important statement you made with 'The Chaotic Melody of Tina'. I am happy that the film won multiple awards. I look forward to welcome you and your films to the festival soon! Thank you for your film.