The Austin Comedy Film Festival is a seasonal (Spring, Summer, Fall) on the Film Festival Circuit for comedy filmmakers, series creators and screenwriters from all over the world to showcase their creative works in Texas. This event was founded by author and retired filmmaker Mikel Fair who worked on location in the Film and Television industry from 1999-2015. The Austin Comedy Film Festival judges are searching for funny and engaging films to entertain a comedy loving audience. All types of comedy submissions are selected and screened including Funny Music Video, Series Episodes, Dark Comedy, Romantic Comedy, Mockumentary, TV Pilots, Commercials, Micro Films, Animated Comedy, Horror Comedy, Stand-up Comedy, Sketch Comedy, and any other type of Comedy that you can think of. We want our audience to laugh non-stop in a fun, fast paced program at a great venue. This event was formerly known as the Austin Comedy Short Film Festival, but we are evolving and plan to start screening and selecting Comedy Feature Films in the future.
Our panel of 12 judges will give out 30 different award winners:
01) Best Actor Award Nominations
02) Best Actress Award Nominations
03) Best Animated Comedy Film Award Nominations
04) Best Cinematography Award Nominations
05) Best Comedy Feature Film Screenplay Award Nominations
06) Best Comedy Micro Short Film Award Nominations
07) Best Comedy Film Award Nominations
08) Best Comedy Short Film Screenplay Award Nominations
09) Best Dark Comedy Feature Screenplay Award Nominations
10) Best Dark Comedy Film Award Nominations
11) Best Dark Comedy Short Screenplay Award Nominations
12) Best Director Award Nominations
13) Best Editing Award Nominations
14) Best Ensemble Cast Award Nominations
15) Best International Director Award Nominations
16) Best International Film Award Nominations
17) Best International Feature Screenplay Award Nominations
18) Best International Short Screenplay Award Nominations
19) Best Mockumentary Film Award Nominations
20) Best Romantic Comedy Feature Screenplay Award Nominations
21) Best Romantic Comedy Film Award Nominations
22) Best Romantic Comedy Short Screenplay Award Nominations
23) Best Short Sitcom Screenplay Award Nominations
24) Best Sitcom Screenplay Award Nominations
25) Best Texas Comedy Film Award Nominations
26) Best Texas Feature Screenplay Award Nominations
27) Best Texas Short Screenplay Award Nominations
28) Best Web Series Episode Award Nominations
29) Funniest Music Video Award Nominations
30) Most Original Concept Award Nominations
All films are eligible, regardless if they have distribution or not. All films are eligible even if they have been accepted to other film festivals. All films and videos are eligible, regardless of when or where they were produced. Even if your film or documentary series is publicly available on YouTube or Vimeo, it is still eligible for submission.
All film screening at the Austin Film Society Cinema require files to be delivered in DCP 2k or 4k format. If your film is not in DCP format, please reach out to our vendor AutoDCP.com for a quote. Film Festival submission fees and DCP conversion fees are separate. The cost of any potential conversions is not covered by our festival. Please budget accordingly.
The submission fee does not include an event ticket fee if selected. Submission fees and event ticket fees are separate. The cost of attending this event is $35 for the entire day. Every attendee must have a ticket. There are no filmmaker free passes. When the event organizers rent this space, all 160 seats and lobby access are pre-purchased by the event organizers. The ticket fees allow the event organizers to recoup a portion of the rental fee, insurance, a photographer, photo editing, award certificates and staff wages for this event.
The judges read and rate scripts for this specific competition only. Submitting to this film festival does not affect the ownership or copyright your screenplay or teleplay.