FESTIVAL POSTPONED! Due to hazardous weather in the Twin Cities, we are postponing the festival scheduled for April 14th. We will post the new date when it is confirmed.
Augsburg University welcomes Minnesota undergraduate college students to the annual Augsburg Student Film Festival! We are accepting submissions in all genres of film AND screenplays. All are welcome to attend the festival.
------ONLY FILMMAKERS IDENTIFIED AS UNDERGRADUATE COLLEGE STUDENTS FROM MINNESOTA CAN SUBMIT TO THIS FESTIVAL.------
- Free for Augsburg students with waiver code
- $5.00 for students attending other colleges
Join us for an eventful evening of films, intercollege conversations, and fun! Juried and accepted submissions will be screened, followed by a Q&A. An awards ceremony will close out the evening, during which we will announce the winners of the festival!
Winners will receive a handmade medallion from a local artist and a certificate. The winner of the Responsible Filmmaking Award will also receive a prize valued at $100.
Best of Show
Audience Choice Award
Responsible Filmmaking Award**
*The festival reserves the right to not grant awards in all categories if the merits of the work do rise to standards of expectations.
**Augsburg University educates students to be informed citizens, thoughtful stewards, critical thinkers, and responsible leaders. Students are encouraged to make films with a responsible voice that strives towards excellence in production values and storylines. The Responsible Filmmaking Award goes to the film that demonstrates awareness of the power and impact of cinema, seeks to better society, and is produced with our mission in mind.
Rules & Terms
- You must be enrolled in Augsburg University or other Minnesota college in order to submit to this festival.
- If you are an Augsburg University student, you can use the waiver code to submit for free.
- Films and screenplays must be submitted through FilmFreeway before the deadline or it will not be considered.
- You assume and retain the rights to your submission. Screenshots may be used for promotional purposes.
- Your submission should not be one that has been in previous film festivals at Augsburg.
- Work that promotes hate speech, violence, or lewd acts may not be selected.