AIFF - International Film Festival based in Athens, Greece.
Here at Athens we’re making brand new offline platform for experience exchange and networking for filmmakers, distributors, producers, media.
We’re looking for projects of different types that will form our offline event schedule.
Our goal is to build international relationships for many years ahead and improve filmmaking in Greece.
Schedule will include projects in following directions:
(For this direction you don’t need to have professional skills. Works will be judged in following criteria:
-Interesting form of project)
(Professionally made works will be given preferences. Projects will be judged in following criteria:
-Directors professional vision
(Preferences will be given to potentially interesting projects to further distribution; existing promotion in media. Judgement criteria same as short film. )
Preferences will be given to works with music stars
Annual Event Info:
4 Days AIFF Annual screenings will be held on 18-21 of May, 2023. Final day will have closing ceremony that will flow in Anastenaria (traditional barefoot fire-walking ritual with ecstatic dance.) that will be held for 3 days.
Results for round edition will be posted on our website every 2 months.
Your project might become an annual Multi-Award-Winning Film for the next categories in round editions:
Best Documentary Feature
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Animated Short
Best Female Director
Best Male Director
Best Female Student Director
Best Male Student Director
Best New Actress / Actor
Best Acting Ensemble
Best Production Design
Best Sound Design
Best Original Score
Best Short Screenplay
Best Feature Screenplay
Offline screening categories:
Best Experimental Work
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Music Video
Rules & Terms:
1. Films completed on or after Jan 1, 2018 are eligible for consideration
2. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
3. Feature-length films that are available for public online viewing are eligible.
4. To qualify for student entry fee rates, entrant must include proof of student status at the time of production (copy of student ID, transcript, etc.)
5. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
6. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry to the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
7. The festival keeps the full right to change the date of its event and the deadline
8. Entry Fees are non-refundable
9. By submitting you agree the Rules&Terms
10. Only projects that received ‘Nominee’ judging status will be screened at offline event