The Appalachian Highlands Quarantine Film Festival is open to residents of Tennessee. As we all face uncertain times during this global Covid-19 pandemic, it's imperative to maintain a creative environment for not only the filmmakers behind the camera and in the writing room, but also for the general public who yearn to watch new movies.
To maintain safety during this pandemic, all films submitted must be made inside the filmmaker's home or on your personal property and include only those who reside in the home unless characters are imported via video conferencing. This includes all actors as well as any crew. Films must be edited in the same location as production and cannot be sent to an outside source for editing.
Open to residents residing within Tennessee or the Appalachian Highlands region of the United States.
Entry for the Appalachian Highlands Quarantine Film Festival is FREE for filmmakers!
Entries may also be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org via WeTransfer or a YouTube or Vimeo link that is shareable. Films will be shared with the Northeast Tennessee Entertainment Alliance social media pages where the general public may cast votes.
We are also accepting donations at this time for a creative artist fund to be distributed to local, Northeast Tennessee creatives who have lost employment due to Covid-19. You can make a donation directly from our Facebook page by clicking the Donate Now button or from our website at: https://www.netfilmalliance.org/donate
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
Best Male Actor
Best Female Actor
Best Supporting Male Actor
Best Supporting Female Actor
We will also award 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place for Best Film Overall.
Requirements for entry:
1. The film must be no less than 2 minutes and no longer than 5 minutes.
2. All actors must reside in the same home unless they are on video chat with someone outside of the home. (Please stay safe and do not invite friends over to film!)
3. Must show at least one character washing their hands.
4. Must show at least one character utilizing video chat (FaceTime, Messenger or other video conferencing software)
5. Must show at least one character cleaning something.
6. The film must be PG-13.
7. All films must be edited at home and not sent to someone outside to edit.
8. You can use royalty-free music or you can score with your own music.
9. Films can be made with a phone, camera or other digital devices with recording capability.
10. All films must be current. We will not accept films made prior to the film festival dates.
11. Filmmakers must make their film submission downloadable so we can share the film via social media. This includes direct submissions via FilmFreeway as well as submissions made directly to NETEA from YouTube or Vimeo links or file transfers via We Transfer.