Ankur film festival is an annual socio-cultural public event organized by Abhivyakti Media for Development since 2010 in Nashik, Maharashtra, India. Ankur came into being to celebrate the cinema of the young. It provides a platform for young and first time film makers to showcase their films.
We believe that spaces to view socially relevant films are not easily available and the culture of viewing documentaries is low on priority. Documentaries need to be encouraged, that's why Ankur exists. Ankur is about valuing our freedom of expression, which manifests in varied alternative forms- short films, documentaries, and experimental features. Ankur believes that there is more to cinema than Entertainment!
- Ankur is a space for celebration, to coexist and learn from each other and therefore is open and free for viewers.
- Every budding film maker needs support and Ankur exists for their cause!
- Ankur is a movement to celebrate the right to being imperfect!
- We believe that all art is an evolving process.
- Telling a story is our right, and there is no 'right' way!
So if you find this interesting, send us your entry and we will be happy to screen your films. We believe you will also enjoy Ankur as we do.
We don't believe in competitions and as such there are no awards to be given. Each film- maker is unique, and we want Ankur to recognize and honour that spirit! As a token of appreciation we give a memento and certificate to all participant filmmakers.
1. Entries are invited in any languages. If the language of the film is other than English, Marathi or Hindi, it should be subtitled or dubbed in English.
2. Each film must be accompanied by a separate entry form. The from can be downloaded from www.abhivyakti.org.in
3. Address for correspondence and for sending your films is Abhivyakti Media for Development, 31 A, Kalyani Nagar, Anandwalli, Nashik 422013. Phone - 02532346128
4. One film can be entered in one category only.
5. Films once selected and submitted for the final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances.
6. The film should have been made between January 2017 and September 2019. A short declaration duly signed by the filmmaker will be treated as evidence of date stamp and is required as part of film submission.
7. Film(s) entered / screened in earlier Ankur / shorter version(s) / revised versions of film(s) already entered will not be eligible.
8. Films may be entered by any organization / agency or by an individual film producer / director who hold the copyright.
9. For promotional / publicity purposes, clippings from the film entered in the festival may be shown on local networks and internet etc.
10. Festival authority will have the right to make copies of DVDs for pre-selection / selection purpose and non – commercial screenings.
11. Entrants may send their entry by post, courier, online film sharing platforms or may bring it in pendrive/ HDD personally as possible.
12. Each entry should also contain a promo and trailers (if available) along with high resolution photographs (jpeg or tiff formats) of director(s), film stills, film posters, synopsis of the film etc. packed properly and freight prepaid (in case of post or courier).
13. Ankur film festival believes that a film director is the filmmaker and the memento shall be handed over to the filmmaker(s)/ designated representatives only. We also urge filmmakers to inform Ankur film festival about the name and designation of the person who would collect the memento at the time of festival.
14. The memento will not be shipped/ couriered to the filmmaker’s native place under any circumstance.
15. The core committee of the festival will decide the composition of the events, protocol and screening schedules of the festival and their decision would be final.
16. Please thoroughly review the rules and regulations, category information and entry form included. Incomplete entries and entries received after deadline shall not be accepted.
Format for screening: All films are required to be submitted in Mpeg 4, h264 or format compatible with VLC player in HD resolutions. Effort will be made to accept a broad range of formats.
a. The DVDs sent for the final screening will be retained for the festival archive. Also, cds / dvds containing photographs and publicity material received with the entry form will not be returned.
b. The festival authority will have the right to screen films in different cities of Maharashtra on non-commercial basis.
a. Cost of transportation of media and all related documents, publicity materials to the festival office shall be borne by the entrant. For normal wear and tear of the submission, festival shall not be responsible.
b. Please preview your entries before shipping and kindly ensure that all requirements as per the guidelines are fulfilled.
Legal/ Rights of festival authority:
a. Submission of entries implies full acceptance of the rules and regulations, guidelines and terms of entry.
b. Ankur has the right to change any information contained in this document (including festival dates, venues, events, awards and eligibility requirements) without further notice.
c. Ankur is under no obligation to provide comments or feedbacks regarding the submitted film to applicant or any other representative of the submitted film.
d. All matters regarding the festival will be decided by the festival authority and its decision in these matters shall be final. All matters not mentioned in these regulations will be decided by the festival authority. The discretion to make an exception to any rules and regulations of the festival will rest with the festival authority.
e. Decisions of the festival authority regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding on all parties.
f. All disputes are subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts and forums in Nashik only.