*** CORONA UPDATE ***
All live events have been postponed to next year due to the deteriorating public health situation... The selection will be made as planned, and awards will be handed out. Screenings, parties, and workshops are postponed to next year.
*** CORONA UPDATE ***
Amsterdam Filmmaker Festival is a network of Filmmakers in Amsterdam. It's a lively mix of people from all cinematic disciplines (Actors, Producers, Gaffers, Directors, Screenwriters, DP's, Camera operators, etc.).
We meet to have fun and share our passion for film and film-making. After all, film-making is a collaborative art.
We have organized regular events, like mixers, small screenings, and cold readings. The festival will be the highlight of the year where we'll celebrate this year's achievements. We are planning for a broad audience festival...
We are hosting numerous awards in the traditional categories:
- mise-en-scene etc
On top of that, we'll host awards for extraordinary achievements — for example, the best use of cat pictures, etc. We'll update the awards and price list as the year progresses.
* All films must have been completed on or after January 1, 2019.
* Films should adhere to length requirements for the submitted category
* The film must be available for up to three screenings during the Festival and the events leading up to the festival
* There must not be a screening fee attached to the film.
* Premiere status has no bearing on whether a film is selected.
* Film needs to be supplied in DCP format when selected for screening (details will be provided)
* Non-English films must be subtitled.
* Entries are accepted through FilmFreeway.
* Entries are non-refundable
* Clips and stills from selected films may be used for promotional purposes.
* All submissions should be available for review either via FilmFreeway, or streaming link on a video sharing platform (Vimeo, Youtube, etc)
* Multiple submissions must be provided as individual submissions.
Submitting parties shall indemnify and hold harmless Amsterdam Filmmakers Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.