Bring The World Fire. True songwriters desire nothing more than to bring their music to the world. Cutting through the noise, however, and reaching an audience - much less receiving a studio contract - can be daunting regardless of one’s talent.
The American Songwriting Awards is an international, elite-class songwriting competition open to unknowns and working artists who want to be heard, recognized, and rewarded for their songwriting talent. This high-profile annual contest brings together top music industry producers, artists, and songwriters to discover and promote new talent in a format that focuses solely on their ability to write great songs.
Our awards contest is a beacon for music industry professionals and an amazing celebration of talent, creativity and, of course, music.
The American Songwriting Awards stands with the most prominent competitions of its kind, presenting prize packages and career opportunities nearly unrivaled in other songwriting contests. Prizes include introductions, product packages from our sponsors, and exposure to an international audience. In all, winners and contestants receive the prestige, praise and attention rising songwriters need to create careers in the highly competitive music industry.
Multiple categories of music genres ensure that all styles of music and songwriting will be included and given proper respect and attention. Rock, Pop, Hip Hop and more; songwriters of all genres will find a place for their particular music and style.
Now is the time to seize your place with the great songwriters and artists that influence and touch our lives. Enter today, and bring your fire to the American Songwriting Awards.
Grand Prize Winner
This award will be selected from the pool of Winners from among all competition categories, the highest and most coveted honor of the competition. The Grand Prize Winner shall receive prizes and benefits from our sponsors.
In each of the competition categories one Winner will be selected based on the review and analysis of the ASA executive judging panel. These entrants will receive the American Songwriting Award in their respective category. Along with the award, category winners will receive prizes and benefits from our sponsors.
The screening committee composed of music insiders, professionals, and experts will choose the top ten best songwriting entries from each category to be recognized as American Songwriting Awards Nominees. Select Nominees may also be eligible to receive special awards or prizes at the discretion of the judging panel.
Additionally, the judges will choose five of the best songwriting entries from each category to be recognized as American Songwriting Awards Finalists. These superior contestants are chosen as among the very best examples of contemporary songwriting by a panel of expert judges, based on the outlined judging criteria. Select Finalists may also be eligible to receive special awards or prizes at the discretion of the judging panel.
Additional songwriters may be recognized for their exemplary contributions to songwriting at the discretion of the judges. These prizes and benefits from our sponsors, include songwriting software, special awards, printed recognition for excellence, or gift certificates.
It is the mission of the American Songwriting Awards to recognize excellence in every deserving songwriter. Therefore, the ASA makes every effort to acknowledge entrants based upon their unique techniques, lyrics, melodies, arrangements, and originality.
1. The American Songwriting Awards is an open competition for both amateur and professional songwriters. Entries may be submitted through our online submission process or FilmFreeway before their respective entry deadlines.
2. The entry fee must be submitted as an online transaction during the entry process. We accept payment via credit card or PayPal.
3. There are no age limits to qualify for entry into the contest except for entrants in the Teen category. Entrants into the Teen category must be under 18 years old by their chosen entry deadline. Minors must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter.
4. Employees of the American Songwriting Awards and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Any such submission will be immediately invalidated. In addition, this contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law.
5. Multiple submissions are allowed. Each song must be submitted separately with its own entry and entry fee. Submissions of the same song may also be entered under separate categories. Each category will have its own winners and finalists along with the contest's Grand Prize Winner for Best Overall Song.
6. No material sent as mailed submissions will be returned. The American Songwriting Awards is not responsible for lost or damaged material.
7. Any and all submissions must be original compositions and the sole work of the creator(s) listed. All entries must not be in violation of any copyright laws, trademarks, intellectual property rights or basic ethical standards of amateur or professional songwriting. Any entry found to be in violation of the above or proven to be plagiarized in any way will be immediately disqualified. Furthermore, the American Songwriting Awards shall in no way be held liable for any such legal action that results from unlawful or restricted submissions.
8. The purpose of this contest is to judge entries solely on the quality of the song or lyrics. Do not submit with your entry any pitches, testimonials, singer recommendations, links or any other documentation wishing to support your entry. Such material received will be ignored.
9. Be sure your song or lyrics are perfect upon submission. No revisions or alterations to the entry will be accepted once the contestant has completed the submission process.
10. All creators of any submission must be listed in the entry process. Up to 4 creators may be listed and only a single entry fee is required. Any creator may complete the entry process and will be listed as the primary contact for the submission. Upon submitting the entry, all creators listed agree to the terms of the contest. Prizes such as cash and hotel accommodations are fixed and do not multiply for multiple creators of a single submission. Meetings with music executives may be limited to two creators at the discretion of the executive providing the meeting. All other decisions of division of awards and prizes are left to the discretion of the individual contestants and their agreements among themselves.
11. Songs uploaded through the online submission system must be in one of the following formats: MP3, WAV, MOV, or MP4. All lyrics must be uploaded in one of the following file types: PDF, DOC, RTF.
12. Songs entries or contestants that have current or pending contracts placed on them at the time of their submission cannot be entered into the Unsigned Category.
13. All rights to submitted songs and lyrics are retained by their creator(s) and/or entrants. ASA will not reproduce any submission for the purposes of sale and does not claim any ownership or rights to any entry whatsoever. You remain the owner of your work.
14. All contestants have the option of featuring their songs on the Winners pages of the ASA website. This is entirely up to the entrant and can be removed from the website at any time at the request of the entrant or winner. This will be for marketing and promotional purposes only and no songs will ever be sold by ASA.
15. It is acknowledged that similar beats, notes, sounds, lyrics or other elements may be embodied in more than one submission and any overlap of such reasonably shared elements do not entitle any entrant to any compensation or credit.
16. Once the submission process is completed and the entry is finalized no refunds for the entry fee will be given.
17. ASA reserves the right to extend entry deadlines and/or change submission fees and make any necessary changes, postponements or cancellations in event scheduling. Individual entry fees are final upon registration and payment.
18. ASA will directly notify winners and finalists only. Winners will be informed via email or phone. ASA is not responsible for any Federal, State or Local Taxes or international customs costs. Prizes will be issued to winners within 30 days of the Awards Show.
19. Entrant acknowledges that all songs entered may be distributed to judges who will be selecting the winners, and Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold ASA, its sponsors, and judges harmless for all liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in ASA.
20. By entering the American Songwriting Awards, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of ASA and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Rules And Regulations.